• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Testers needed] Anyone feeling adventurous?

I would but I'm already on my third device from my own "adventures" lol. Would you mind sharing what you think your onto?

I'd like to know as well. Maybe you have a link to something? Maybe you've ported something like "Bootstrap"? Maybe you've made something with a tool that does not support our device or doesn't take into account the locked bootloader? mtkDroid/spFlash tools don't have anything to do with it, do they?

Upvote 0
Well, I could try something, depends on what, maybe tell us about it?

I'd like to know as well. Maybe you have a link to something? Maybe you've ported something like "Bootstrap"? Maybe you've made something with a tool that does not support our device or doesn't take into account the locked bootloader? mtkDroid/spFlash tools don't have anything to do with it, do they?

I would but I'm already on my third device from my own "adventures" lol. Would you mind sharing what you think your onto?

Sure thing, I have forked off an application called flash gordon that lets you install flashable zips without a recovery. I saw it mentioned on the forum but that was that. Given a link to a system dumpish thing by Viperdink I believe it is possible to build modpacks for the device that could add features and such via the app and all you would need is to reboot. It seems a bit risky if there is a bad flash correct me if I am wrong as the device has no flashable stock image.

Upvote 0
Maybe once ai get my phone this monday I could test this out and make a stock rom file backup just in case anyone needs it or wants to play around with it. Sounds good? Hopefully this phone gets an audience that is widespread enough to be able to get roms on it, or at the very least just unlock the dang bootloader whicj would save many lives in one way or another

Upvote 0
Well I was wondering if someone had tried to use that program on their phone yet? Because I had tried to use the program and it just loops me into "extracting" and never proceeds to anything, as well as doing flash, it just indicates "flashing", am i doing something wrong or... the file I tried to flash was the V3 Supremacy script, which could work on this device due to it being init.d based and not build.prop based, but thats my thinking

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones