• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tethering

sorry to start another thread about this but i can't find anything about tethering after the gingerbread update. My question is, is it still possible to use it like we are able to with the shabbymod? I am thinking of going to the gingerbread but I need the tether to work. I use my laptop alot on the road and need that capability. thanks

Comcast has been spotty lately and Klink has worked flawlessly since Gingerbread.

You are correct on the Klink info. . I purchased Klink before I rooted my phone 7 months ago and it has worked perfect through ALL of the mods I've done including GingerBread . I rarely use it anymore due to the fact that I prefer Wifi tether but I keep Klink as my old trusty ace in the hole just in case ! :D

sorry to start another thread about this but i can't find anything about tethering after the gingerbread update. My question is, is it still possible to use it like we are able to with the shabbymod? I am thinking of going to the gingerbread but I need the tether to work. I use my laptop alot on the road and need that capability. thanks

Wireless tether is actually woring better on gb. You can start and stop with no in between steps.

Hehe, WiFi tether is my ace-in-the-hole!

I prefer the added security, charging capability and battery coolness of Klink wired tether.

Personally I only use tether when Comcast is fidgety and lately, well ...

Hehe, WiFi tether is my ace-in-the-hole!

I prefer the added security, charging capability and battery coolness of Klink wired tether.

Personally I only use tether when Comcast is fidgety and lately, well ...

Just because you're using Wifi tether, doesn't mean you can't plug your phone in to charge it.

If I'm out and about, I'll often have my phone in WiFi tether mode and connected to my laptop's usb so that I can adb or mass storage mode

No doubt ! I love using the Wireless Tether for Root but MAN does it pull the juice from your battery ! I too , either plug mine in to the wall or if I'm out , use the USB via laptop or car charger . ;)

Are there any WIFI teather apps that work without rooting? I would like to teather my work provided WIFI only Xoom when traveling. Thanks

i belive tether is possible through carrier but at a cost, rooted phone and wifi tether no charge that i know of but i am new to all this,like the wifi tether

Back
Top Bottom