• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Dark Knight Rises

Just got back from the theater, this movie has not only convinced me it will win film of the year. But, has also replaced Inception as my favorite movie of all time.

Very unfortunate, however, about the shooting that occurred in Colorado... One of our local news anchors and graduate from my University I attend was one of the victims.

Upvote 0
I decided not to go see it. Last nights shooting just ruined the mood for me. I'll probably just wait for the Bluray.

Ticket sales will probably be down for this movie and others for the next several months.

I've seen the opposite comment from people today, that to keep the shooter from "winning", they are going to go see the movie tonight (they had planned to go next week). It is a tragedy that the shooting occurred and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

I, pretty much at the last minute, decided to go see all three movies back to back, with TDKR at midnight. It was a great movie, I really enjoyed it. Being able to watch the movies back to back to back helped with the excitement, plus it was great seeing them all again on the big screen. I saw a poster elsewhere say that he felt the first two and half hours or TDKR was about a 4 of 5 stars and the last 15 minutes was 6 stars on a 5 star scale -- have to agree with him. ;)

I thought Anne Hathaway was outstanding as Catwoman. I find it hard to compare her performance to Ledger's. I think that has more to do with Hathaway having a supporting role, rather than a leading role, and not anything to do with quality of acting.

Upvote 0
I think this is the very best end to a trilogy I have ever seen. The whole movie was really well done. Hathaway was great and so was Hardy. Bale was, once again, Batman at his best. I loved the twists and I really loved the fact that while the trailers made you more and more excited about seeing this, they gave nothing away.

We stayed away on Friday due to the shooting, but I had to go see it today. The theater was pretty empty unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view). I will go see it at least 2 more times with the kids. Once it hits the dollar theater I may see it 4 or 5 more times.;)

Upvote 0
Saw it Saturday night, all the day performances were sold out through 11 PM, couldn't get tickets until the 11:15 showing. Got out at 2 AM, totally worth it. Excellent movie.

Hah, all the showings were sold out at my favorite theater in NYC from Friday-Sunday afternoon. They even accidentally oversold for my showing on Friday night at 9:35. We had people sitting on the steps in the aisles. It was mayhem in there, but it only made the experience that more epic. We all went nuts at various scenes of the movie.

I would definitely pay to see it again, and again, and again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones