• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The I got 2.2 from T-mo Thread ...

good god man! i'm sorry to have rubbed it in then.

I wish I was able to download it this morning.... watch knowing my luck the ota will come before this gets down haha you should send me the exe :D O ya I started downloading it at 6:45

o ya just so you all know I tried the old trick Wget to my server and no dice htc has thought of that :'(

UPDATE: 10:20 pm PST 77/158 mbs 3 hours left..... and ohh it looks as if my phone is downloading something big... its been connected for a while now.......

Upvote 0
ya I got it hah ok exactly 4 hours after starting it im only at 85/158 3 hours left...... I went to forums and got the mirror started it at 10:43 and already at 31/158 with 15 mins left to go guess which one I'm going to stop? I just wish I woulda thought about that earlier ha btw to save people from having to search for it the mirror link is................................
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Upvote 0
You gotta be on a stock slide 2.1 rom to use the update utility. Rooted is ok

Stock 2.2 rooted won't work?

I don't know why but when I root I can only get in CMR once... after that it will not open again. I have to wipe my memory card, unroot, wipe memory card, and reroot to flash a different ROM.

Does HTC sync even work on windows 7 64-bit?

Upvote 0
Stock 2.2 rooted won't work? [I'm sure you mean leaked not stock]

No that wont work. Here is your key to the kingdom:
download this>> ESPRIMG.zip

-place it on the root of your sd card
-power down the phone
-reboot holding Volume Down + Power
-ESPRIMG.zip will now get verified once it does press Volume Up to confirm the flash
-let it do its thing then press Volume Up for reboot
-wait a little more

You now have the original stock Slide ROM. From here just follow HTC's instructions.

Reactions: mwl1119
Upvote 0
No that wont work. Here is your key to the kingdom:
download this>> ESPRIMG.zip

-place it on the root of your sd card
-power down the phone
-reboot holding Volume Down + Power
-ESPRIMG.zip will now get verified once it does press Volume Up to confirm the flash
-let it do its thing then press Volume Up for reboot
-wait a little more

You now have the original stock Slide ROM. From here just follow HTC's instructions.

lol that was my question.... do I have to unroot.

Now do you know if HTC sync works on W7 64-bit?

Upvote 0
Its ok of you are rooted because you won't be after you follow those instructions I posted. Not sure about windows 7 but I think you'd be ok. Mac users are SOL though.

Yeah it all worked fine.

I must say this ROM is pretty zippy.

Oh and I noticed in the software information under kernal version it has the date december 8th 2010. Is this the date it was released to T-mobile? Meaning that they held it from us for 4 months..... and technically still are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones