• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I just got my Nexus 7!" thread

425707ed-fa10-510b.jpg

XD. Yeeeah buddy

Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday from car Phone warehouse. No stock in their 3 stores Brighton and at the main one they did not even know what a Nexus 7 was. called head office and told 3 in stock over in Worthing (22 miles away). So went over and was told they did not have any, asked them to check their stock computer and guess what they had 3, well 2 now :). Am very pleased with it and have ordered a case from Amazon (Google Nexus 7 Tablet Case - Black Carbon Fibre Print: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics). The only problem as been remembering passwords for some apps, must be getting old.

Upvote 0
Hi All, been reading this forum about Nexus for a few weeks now getting tips on it

First post to say just got mine today (HMV UK in store), just giving it a charge before I start setting it up (logged into google so far and got that set up but nothing else)

Congrats Paul and welcome to Android Forums.:)

Reactions: paulsalter
Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday from car Phone warehouse. No stock in their 3 stores Brighton and at the main one they did not even know what a Nexus 7 was. called head office and told 3 in stock over in Worthing (22 miles away). So went over and was told they did not have any, asked them to check their stock computer and guess what they had 3, well 2 now :). Am very pleased with it and have ordered a case from Amazon (Google Nexus 7 Tablet Case - Black Carbon Fibre Print: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics). The only problem as been remembering passwords for some apps, must be getting old.

Glad that you got yours. I'd recommend KeePassDroid for saving passwords.

Upvote 0
Got my 32GB N7 on Black Friday for $230. Office Depot was the only place with a little discount.. Started this week playing with it. It is now on 4.2.1. Tried to root it 4 times with 2 different methods. I thought I had rooted it but it apparently did not work. Since it looked like I mess I set it back to factory settings. Will make a new attempt asap.

It is a nice little device. But I have a lot to learn. Not as easy as Windows but I am not running away from a challenge. And this wonderful forum is a lot of help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones