• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The LG Voyager is better than the Droid...

Les Common

Oct 29, 2009
... at doing some of the basics that I do every day.

First and foremost, I'll reach up to my left ear, click my earpiece, and say "Call Help Desk Work" or "Call 555-1234" and the phone will comply.

As best I can discern from the manual and commentary, in order to do these tasks w/ the Droid, I'm going to have to remove the phone from the holster, probably unlock it or activate it, speak those requests into the phone's mic (will it even dial numbers not in the phone book?) and then switch the call to Bluetooth.

Secondly, when the Voyager gets a call, it tells me who is calling before the ringtone starts, and I can answer w/ a click of the earpiece. I'm hoping the Droid will pick up via a Bluetooth request, but I'm not sure.

And thirdly, reading BGR's evaluation of the actual voice quality, it sounds like I'm not going to be getting the "are you *really* on a cellphone w/ earpiece" questions from folks who appreciate the current call quality via Plantronics and LG.

Hey, anybody else around here playing w/ a Droid, and switching from a Voyager that they use w/ Bluetooth? ;)

Hands-on comparison and contrast on Bluetooth utility would be great, if you've got some time amidst the buzz.

Of course, this isn't going to dissuade me from jumping in with both feet, but I do seem to be in a bit of pre-buyer's remorse and mourning for some features that I'll be giving up, at least until somebody possibly writes something to patch the functionality.

?or hack the functionality into Google Maps, which does respond to voice in a wonderful way, we're told?

such fun...

One week and counting...

-Les

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones