nickconforti
Newbie
Well, I'd like to say hello, and seek some advice.
I've googled this problem and come up with nothing helpful at all.
I just picked up an Ally for free, my iPhone finally stopped working after I've been repairing it and milking getting new one since 2007.
I've been really interested in Android devices and have long stopped writing apps for iPhone and WP7.
My overall plan is to Root this thing and throw it on MetroPCS for a cheap unlimited plan.
The one pronlem I can't get past is the "use genuine battery" issue.
The battery in the phone is the one it came with, as a Verizon rep confirmed, the phone has absolutely no water or moisture damage, the phone was brand new out of the box in Decmeber, and sat in a closet for a month or so and not touched.
Is there a way to get around this? If its software I was just thinking if I could get it hooked up to the computer i could throw 2.2 on it and root, then maybe it won't look for the correct battery.
If someone knows some kind of work around, I'd love to hear it.
The phone will only power on if it's on the charger with no battery, the second I put the battery in, it recognizes it and shuts down.
It only blinks blue when hooked up to the computer, it won't power up, I tried on three of my machines, two PC's and my Mac.
I'm head of I.T. for the school system, and I've been doing electronics way to long to be stumped by somethign that is so simple it seems.
If it comes down to it, I'll just go to Verizon and get a battery, But I am cheap and want this thing working like yesterday.
I've googled this problem and come up with nothing helpful at all.
I just picked up an Ally for free, my iPhone finally stopped working after I've been repairing it and milking getting new one since 2007.
I've been really interested in Android devices and have long stopped writing apps for iPhone and WP7.
My overall plan is to Root this thing and throw it on MetroPCS for a cheap unlimited plan.
The one pronlem I can't get past is the "use genuine battery" issue.
The battery in the phone is the one it came with, as a Verizon rep confirmed, the phone has absolutely no water or moisture damage, the phone was brand new out of the box in Decmeber, and sat in a closet for a month or so and not touched.
Is there a way to get around this? If its software I was just thinking if I could get it hooked up to the computer i could throw 2.2 on it and root, then maybe it won't look for the correct battery.
If someone knows some kind of work around, I'd love to hear it.
The phone will only power on if it's on the charger with no battery, the second I put the battery in, it recognizes it and shuts down.
It only blinks blue when hooked up to the computer, it won't power up, I tried on three of my machines, two PC's and my Mac.
I'm head of I.T. for the school system, and I've been doing electronics way to long to be stumped by somethign that is so simple it seems.
If it comes down to it, I'll just go to Verizon and get a battery, But I am cheap and want this thing working like yesterday.
