• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The official HURRY UP I NEED MY X thread

^U must never owned the Omnia 1..lol My experience with that is the reason I got the Droid: I thought I needed a physical keyboard as backup when using a touchscreen phone.

The Omnia 1 couldnt survive drops, screen scratched too easy.....It got so bad, I couldnt use the left and right side of the keyboard. I could only text in landscape.

That and the reception issues with the u740 (that was a regular cellphone) and the Omnia 1....I'm with Garemlin: I'm leery about Samsung smartphones too. If they go capactive screen that should be big difference. (The Omnia 1 and 2 had resistive) Resistive screens should be stylus only IMO.

crazy i know .. video chat doesnt tickle my fancy thats the next big thing but after that what else can you do to a phone?? unless they put on a DSLR lens on a phone what else can they do?? if you figure what your computer can do the phone is right there with what a desktop can do so how much further can they go?

Yeah me either on the video chat. That is why I gotta chuckle about people flipping out about not having a front facing camera. Six months ago it wasn't even an issue. I'm sure no one sat around looking at their phone saying to themselves "Man I wish this thing had a front facing camera".

And it never ceases to amaze me what they are doing with phones and what they will do. Two years ago would you have ever thought that a phone could record in hi-def, have an HDMI out, a 1GHz processor, and work as a GPS with turn by turn navigation????

My best friend just got her new iPhone 4 and is rubbing it in my face nonstop. I cant wait to get the DX so I can make her shut up. Seriously, today she was bragging about the 5 megapixel camera with flash, lol!!!

Tell her to hold it in her left hand. That'll take her down a couple notches instantly :D

I'm also waiting on the X. Been using a Samsung Juke for the last 3+ years. Yeah, that's pretty bad...

Actually Samsung makes great products. I had plenty of their ok spec'd, well built winmo smartphones in the past. What they do lack is support of their products. Time and time again they throw you down the river with no paddle. Hopefully that changes with the galaxy s.

That is what I was talking about. I have had no problems with Samsung phones. We had four different ones on AT&T and my daughter currently has a Reality on our VZW family plan. But I have read so much about their lack of support when it comes to smart phones. That is why I really didn't want to chance the Galaxy S.

^U must never owned the Omnia 1..lol My experience with that is the reason I got the Droid: I thought I needed a physical keyboard as backup when using a touchscreen phone.

The Omnia 1 couldnt survive drops, screen scratched too easy.....It got so bad, I couldnt use the left and right side of the keyboard. I could only text in landscape.

That and the reception issues with the u740 (that was a regular cellphone) and the Omnia 1....I'm with Garemlin: I'm leery about Samsung smartphones too. If they go capactive screen that should be big difference. (The Omnia 1 and 2 had resistive) Resistive screens should be stylus only IMO.

Its funny you mention that because i had the omnia 1, i actually just took it apart last night after a good run. Much like the droid eris, the omnia 1 was useless when stock. I had flashed a updated windows mobile rom on it. That made the phone very appealing(much like rooting the eris). Rom allowed overclocking, better sound, gps lock(huge issue on that phone). It also removed all of the samsung touchwiz garbage and a whole list of tweaks which included improving screen sensitivity.....browser speed, 3d graphics....well you get the idea.:D

That is what I was talking about. I have had no problems with Samsung phones. We had four different ones on AT&T and my daughter currently has a Reality on our VZW family plan. But I have read so much about their lack of support when it comes to smart phones. That is why I really didn't want to chance the Galaxy S.

yeah man tell me about it. the only product which I can honestly say they supported was their flagship mp3 line. I remember one of my friends got one and it was a plain mp3 player. All of a sudden he started showing me new features and new menus which samsung was releasing through updates. They basically released a capable product with not much functions/software, and then were very adamant in adding 4X the f/s it released with.

returned my Dinc today, after finding out you can take advantage of a 60 WFG. with it.

Waiting for the X? I think so.

I have the Droid Eris and it went on the fritz today...had to take it to Verizon to get it fixed. Played around with the Incredible today...very unimpressed. It's like my phone, but a little bigger and faster. I was surprised at how big it was though (haven't seen one in person yet)...which made me even more excited for the Droid X!!! Part of me is thinking..."Hey, I have only had this phone 3 months, I can't get a new one"...but then I look at that giant, gorgeous screen...ahhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom