• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Quandry has come at last

Now I kn ow why you weren't in rehab this morning, LOL Congrats

I couldn't wait. I got the Optimus S. Luckily I got it for free so I have a few phones I can sell if I really need the Knight/Speedy when it comes out. Gotta tell ya though, this is a snappy little phone! Way faster than my Hero with NO LAG! :)

BTW, Angry Birds runs great! ;)

Upvote 0
I couldn't wait. I got the Optimus S. Luckily I got it for free so I have a few phones I can sell if I really need the Knight/Speedy when it comes out. Gotta tell ya though, this is a snappy little phone! Way faster than my Hero with NO LAG! :)

BTW, Angry Birds runs great! ;)

@jen8112 How does the battery life on the LG compare to the Hero? (As if it could get much worse!)

GRRR On the physical keyboard for the Knight/Speedy!!!! What is with Sprint & those stupid slide out keyboards?! Oh well I think I have too much pride to carry a phone called "Speedy" anyway! :cool:
Still hoping for good news on the mysterious "Nexus Two" or whatever they end up calling it.

Upvote 0
@jen8112 How does the battery life on the LG compare to the Hero? (As if it could get much worse!)

GRRR On the physical keyboard for the Knight/Speedy!!!! What is with Sprint & those stupid slide out keyboards?! Oh well I think I have too much pride to carry a phone called "Speedy" anyway! :cool:
Still hoping for good news on the mysterious "Nexus Two" or whatever they end up calling it.

Haven't had it a whole day yet so I can't really comment on battery life yet. I did run it to red playing AB last night. ;) I've heard it's better than the Hero and that was one of the reasons I got it. My worst complaints with the phone right now are lack of cases...anywhere!...and no notification light. I can't believe they still make phones with no LED light. :thinking:

Upvote 0

I'm with you...I don't need or like slide outs. :eek: I just want something larger than the Hero, but smaller than the EVO. Faster processor then the Hero, but non-4G (read: NO insult charge of $10/mo)

The Optimus does seem to be a nice phone, but the only advantage I see is that it omes with Android 2.2..other than that..just slightly faster processor, less megapiixel camera, no Sense UI, still no proximity sensor, and it is almost a Hero clone in the looks department. (Not a bad thing, I just think I would want somthing a little more different looking if changing phones.) EDIT: Added: I do like the design of the individual hardware buttons on the Optimus better than the one piece set-up on the Hero. All in all, a great phone for the price, just not much of an "upgrade" for me...and I'm not sure it is worth using up my upgrade cash at this time.

Upvote 0
Don't know how it's suppost to run but I just downloaded it and it runs pretty good at 768 on the aosp 0.9.7 rom

Basically fluid. With no slow down of frames is the idea I suppose. That's promising for a aosp upgrade. I plan to jump on board when things are pretty much quirk/bug free (or as best as will ever be). But playing this somewhat viral game isn't make or break for me as it stands. I like my NFX Hero; nice to reclaim the phone storage space that Fresh ate up with a stable and somewhat speedy rom.

The Knight looks promising, but I have a long way to go before upgrade, and who knows if I'll stay w/ Sprint. Depends if they are still offering the best bang for buck & discount where others are not. I do no like Sprint 'upgrade' pricing though (or any network 'upgrade' pricing for that matter).

Upvote 0
I'm with you...I don't need or like slide outs. :eek: I just want something larger than the Hero, but smaller than the EVO. Faster processor then the Hero, but non-4G (read: NO insult charge of $10/mo)

The Optimus does seem to be a nice phone, but the only advantage I see is that it omes with Android 2.2..other than that..just slightly faster processor, less megapiixel camera, no Sense UI, still no proximity sensor, and it is almost a Hero clone in the looks department. (Not a bad thing, I just think I would want somthing a little more different looking if changing phones.) All in all, a great phone for the price, just not much of an "upgrade" for me...and I'm not sure it is worth using up my upgrade cash at this time.

It might have a slightly faster processor but it is noticeably faster. I haven't tried the camera yet. Not missing Sense since there are things you can get in the Market that make it feel like Sense. YES it does have a proximity censor but no LED light. The battery seems better (haven't had it 24 hours yet) and there is NO LAG! It's an upgrade from the Hero for me. ;)

Upvote 0
Basically fluid. With no slow down of frames is the idea I suppose. That's promising for a aosp upgrade. I plan to jump on board when things are pretty much quirk/bug free (or as best as will ever be). But playing this somewhat viral game isn't make or break for me as it stands. I like my NFX Hero; nice to reclaim the phone storage space that Fresh ate up with a stable and somewhat speedy rom.

The Knight looks promising, but I have a long way to go before upgrade, and who knows if I'll stay w/ Sprint. Depends if they are still offering the best bang for buck & discount where others are not. I do no like Sprint 'upgrade' pricing though (or any network 'upgrade' pricing for that matter).

Not sure if NFX can run the BFS kernels by Deca but if you try CM6 or aosp, flash one of Deca's BFS kernels. BFS kernels breaks gps but the kernel will be better for gaming. Have not tried a BFS on aosp but I have tried on CM6

Upvote 0
It is much easier for members to find answers and info when threads stay more or less on topic. :) Discussions of kernels and ROMs would be better in the All Things Root sub forum. Thanks! :D

I believe talking about roms and kernels is on topic with this thread. Some want to upgrade to a new phone, others still believe that upgrading at this time is not worth it because of root.

I believe what's NOT on topic is the Angry Birds discussion. For that I am sorry:)

Upvote 0
I know this may seem silly but is the proximity sensor on the LG better than the Hero? I am ALWAYS accidentally hanging up on people! My friend has the iPhone 4 & she's just as bad so I'm just curious.

It's is defiantly better. I can see the screen shut off as soon as it is up to my ear. I still have Screen Suite, just in case. ;)

Upvote 0
Not sure if NFX can run the BFS kernels by Deca but if you try CM6 or aosp, flash one of Deca's BFS kernels. BFS kernels breaks gps but the kernel will be better for gaming. Have not tried a BFS on aosp but I have tried on CM6

Thanks for the info.

I definitely need GPS more than angry birds!

Exactly the reason why I'm waiting for a relatively stable AOSP, Froyo, et al. for the Hero, as I need stability more than anything else and loathe doing a bunch of minor fixes just to get things running smoothly. NFX was bad enough with having to flash the 691 kernel, then the ZenHero in order to get rid of lock screen lag. But I like where I'm at.

I'm with JB in AZ really on the upgrade points. Needs something more than the optimus but less than the Evo. Heck though, I'd def. consider the Evo were it not for that surcharge. I can certainly afford it, but the principle bugs me. $10 fee for absolutely no value to me is a no go. It's like paying for a premium cable channel that I never watch.

Reactions: JB in AZ
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.

I definitely need GPS more than angry birds!

Exactly the reason why I'm waiting for a relatively stable AOSP, Froyo, et al. for the Hero, as I need stability more than anything else and loathe doing a bunch of minor fixes just to get things running smoothly. NFX was bad enough with having to flash the 691 kernel, then the ZenHero in order to get rid of lock screen lag. But I like where I'm at.

I'm with JB in AZ really on the upgrade points. Needs something more than the optimus but less than the Evo. Heck though, I'd def. consider the Evo were it not for that surcharge. I can certainly afford it, but the principle bugs me. $10 fee for absolutely no value to me is a no go. It's like paying for a premium cable channel that I never watch.

Insert HTC Knight/Speedy. Evo specs with a 3.7" screen, a keyboard, and most importantly, no 4G :). Oh yeah, and a Super LCD screen!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones