• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories The Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit is BAR NONE better than the HTC version

Chatted with Seidio on-line and was told the unit is bad and that I had to call into tech support...Called in during normal hours and was told there was nobody in tech support available and someone would call me back later today.....Now 6:30 PM CA time and no call so far.

So apparently another feature of the HTC stock dock is that it works, or if it didnt you could go back to the Sprint store to exchange.

phone*guy said:
Chatted with Seidio on-line and was told the unit is bad and that I had to call into tech support...Called in during normal hours and was told there was nobody in tech support available and someone would call me back later today.....Now 6:30 PM CA time and no call so far.

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help! Please send us your order information via PM and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

headphone volume is also locked at a constant level with the Seidio

Thats the only fall back? I cant scroll contacts in landscape? Aside from the fact it dosent go into car mode automatically, which dosent bother me. I seen with the HTC car dock, it locks the volume at 3/4 for music? I assume thats not the case with the Seidio because it dosent send it to car mode? Correct me if Im wrong, plz. Ill be using it for music & navigation WAY more than dialing out. Plus the voice thing for txting is pretty amazing imo. I had it spell out "supercalifragilisticexpealadocious" lol was impressed! Even with the accent I have, first try.

headphone volume is also locked at a constant level with the Seidio

I bought the HTC model this week and read about the Seidio, bought it and took the HTC back to the Sprint store. The biggest perk for me with the Seidio was allowing it to remain in the case and longer neck allowing easy reach in my SUV. However, I hate how it degrades the music volume when in the cradle and even gives a slight background hum to the music. I was thinking it may have been my ROM but reading through this thread, now I know that it (the Seido dock) does degrade the music volume. Does anyone who has the HTC version know if it does (cuts the headphone volume) or not? I use the Seidio at work and having a case ON is a must so I'll live with it there, but if the HTC allows better sound I'll buy it for my personal vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom