• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

Speaking of tablets, I just traded in my old Nook color for the new Nook, which is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 with some Nook apps cooked into the rom. Not too shabby for $120. :)

I've got a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) but I absolutely hate reading on it. Too big and awkward for an eReader. But, I use it all the time to RDP into our servers at work and the 7" screen on the tab 4 is too damn small for that. I'm thinking I should consult Goldilocks on my next tablet purchase for something "just right". ;)

But I really like the 10" for a lot of stuff. I use Autodesk's Sketchbook and ArtFlow for freehand drawing and I think an 8" would be too small. I looked at the 12" tabs, but they didn't do anything for me.

What's wrong with having more than one tool? The 10", as you say, it's perfect for interacting with the servers, so supplement with a smaller eReader...

Nothing, really. I'm just feeling a little saturated with devices at the moment. Nexus 4, Nexus 6, Tab 4, Note 10 ... and that doesn't even touch on laptops or desktops (or home servers for that matter).

Well... simplifying doesn't necessarily mean moving to only one or two devices.

If you want to lose one thing, then lose it. If every thing has a niche it fills...

I just got the tab s. Personally, I like the 10 inch screen. Keep in mind I have old eyes. :)

I got you're little brother, enjoying my Tab Pro 8.4 for a couple of months. They have been released in 2 months of each other both are coming from the premium line of Samsung tablets, yours is more premium than mine.
I have chosen for the Tab Pro because it has premium specs for a really nice price ( 285 euro for 8.4 size ) .

Have fun with yours mate, those tablets are lovely, the screens are beautiful.
I'm not considering a tab 10.1 tablet anymore but a 12.2 would get me over to pay 500 euro for a tablet.

Cheers...

I just about went for the Nexus 9. I wanted Lollipop and I wanted pure android. When I played with them side by side... the amoled on the Sammy just blew my socks off. I hope you enjoy your 8.4

I got you're little brother, enjoying my Tab Pro 8.4 for a couple of months. They have been released in 2 months of each other both are coming from the premium line of Samsung tablets, yours is more premium than mine.
I have chosen for the Tab Pro because it has premium specs for a really nice price ( 285 euro for 8.4 size ) .

Have fun with yours mate, those tablets are lovely, the screens are beautiful.
I'm not considering a tab 10.1 tablet anymore but a 12.2 would get me over to pay 500 euro for a tablet.

Cheers...
The Tab Pro 8.4 is the best deal on a tablet right now, IMO. It's like 229 at best buy. I paid 249 about 4 or 5 months ago I love this thing.

Do you have the original 10.1 or the 2014 edition?
Its the original. My friend is starting college in 2 weeks, and he has no computer for college. I am thinking of giving it to him and buying the note pro 12.2 tablet. But it's so much money, I don't know. I might want to sell a few of my nexus tablets.

So i finally ordered a chromebook. My choice was the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (IPS) version.
I recently sold my chromebook. Thing was slower than my tablet and its basically the same hardware too, fact I think this tablet is older hardware. Chromebooks are good, as long at they have decent specs. Chrome is a resource hog

The Chromebooks are neat, but I think I'm too old fashioned to have that much faith in the cloud.
The cloud is great for many things, except large files. Then the cloud is a pain. Say you want to store multiple large file videos... Have to think about the time it takes to upload and how much data that's using. And the cloud is very limited too.

I recently sold my chromebook. Thing was slower than my tablet and its basically the same hardware too, fact I think this tablet is older hardware. Chromebooks are good, as long at they have decent specs. Chrome is a resource hog
Hers looks like it has a really nice display and speakers along with pretty good performance unless playing graphics intensive games. Looks like a solid choice.

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/toshiba-chromebook-2

Hers looks like it has a really nice display and speakers along with pretty good performance unless playing graphics intensive games. Looks like a solid choice.

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/toshiba-chromebook-2
I got the HP Chromebook. It'd be the last time I purchase an HP anything. Even rebranded by google, HP failed to meet my standards. So for me, if I buy another one, it'd provably be the Samsung, or lenovo.

I got rid of Windows updates by switching to Linux. ;p
Now you have Linux updates every day. That's one thing I hated about Linux, is every time I turn on the computer, I'm presented with like 50 updates. After updating they always wanted me to restart the computer. Now that was annoying.

Back
Top Bottom