• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thoughts to the future...

CmdrBond

I know this is the "Note 10" sub, but a thought struck me this morning when reading another posters connects regarding the N10 and people wanting the S Own in a smaller package.

When it debuted, I always wanted the SPen, but not the size of the Note (things have changed for me, currently have an S7 Edge and getting the N10+ - but some will still want the smaller package, and it does feel better in the have).

I don't see Sammy going down this route, but what if they were to combine the S and Note ranges together to form 1 flagship range?

Currently we have (not including 5g variants) the S10, S10+, S10e, N10, & N10+

For next year, they could offer the S11 - compatible to the current S10e, possibly with S Pen support, but no pen bundled.

The S11 Memo - replacing the S10/N10, bundled with an S Pen.

Then the S11 Note - replacing the S10+/N10+ as the largest all singing all dancing device.

Thoughts?

I dunno ...there are rumors this may be the last note. I have the 8 and hardly ever use the s pen.

i doubt it. the s series is its most popular. the note from the beginning has been a niche device......though the niche has gained tremendously in popularity. i think samsung would be smart to keep the seperate. this way they can maximize and squeeze every ounce of money off of both devices.

True - but the markets are slowing.

Innovation is slowing, people are holding on to phones longer because of higher costs and smaller improvements. He'll, I used to upgrade every 2 years, I've gone 3½ this time.

And I'm only upgrading now because I cracked the screen on my s7 Edge and have no insurance.

With increased competition from cheaper brands, it may actually make sense to consolidate the flagships.

Also, look at the Tab range.

They dropped the nown moniker, but now include the S Pen on the S series tabs.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they do merge them

Back
Top Bottom