• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Throttle Bypass

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
I had issues with other bypass methods out there...so I thought I would post this for others.

You must be rooted...

Ok...there are a number of us that no matter what we try we can not seem to get around the ATT throttle.

I just stumbled on this set up and it works for me, when nothing previously did.

CN's Use the telus Kj3 radio and the APN settings opencipher posted, then reset the data connection.

First off, you must be rooted.

In my case I am using a Tmobile Rom(DaBomb by TricH), with dag's .3 kernel

download and flash this telus radio with CWM (thanks Mr X.. and cheyenne, and kr3w1337)

Add the following APN, no need to delete PTA, just add this APN (thanks opencipher)

The APN settings are:

Name: HSPA+ ATT
APN: Phone
APN Type: Internet

inbound MMS works for me with no other changes

outbound will require the following APN be added

Name: ATT WAP
APN: wap.cingular
proxy: wireless.cingular.com
mms proxy: wireless.cingular.com
mms port: 80
mcc: 310
mnc: 410
apn type: mms

NOW go through the mobile settings to "Network Mode" and go through the motions like you are going to change it. (it won't actually change, it just resets the data connection) Click ok when you get the unable to change message.

Update the thread if this works..

Please use this template.

ROM: current rom, tmo or att
Worked: y or n
screen shots of speeds would be great, as this is a dual channel HSPA radio.

I am going to come back and clean this up in a bit, and add ALL known working methods to this one thread as it seems one method works for some and another combo works for others.

I have verified...I can switch back and forth...PTA is still throttled, the other is not.

Back
Top Bottom