• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] motochopper not working with update

Factory restore but use titanium backup for your apps

Alright I finally got way too annoyed of the software update reminders that keep popping up over and over again. I did a factory restore and then tried to update my phone to D50010h. It didn't work. The bar under the green Android guy goes about a quarter of the way and then just goes the whole way and the phone resets and the phone doesn't update. Same as before.

Upvote 0
Alright I finally got way too annoyed of the software update reminders that keep popping up over and over again. I did a factory restore and then tried to update my phone to D50010h. It didn't work. The bar under the green Android guy goes about a quarter of the way and then just goes the whole way and the phone resets and the phone doesn't update. Same as before.

I was able to finally update to D50010h using the LG Mobile Support Tool. Just follow the directions here if anyone is having trouble with the OTA update:
LG Help: Product Support and Troubleshooting | LG USA

Upvote 0
I dont for see kit kat coming to this phone stock anyways, we might see 4.3 but i doubt kit kat

Supposedly The Optimus F series F3 and F6 should be getting the Kit Kat update before June of this year. I am waiting for that update before I root my phone. I learned with the Quattro being OTA stuck after rooting it and never was able to get the OTA announcement to stop, the phone would never update.

They are getting smarter with these phones as time goes on, using locked bootloaders n everything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones