• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL] [10.01.13] WinDroid HTC EVO 4G LTE Toolkit v2.0 | Unlock | S-OFF | Root | Flash |

Granite1

Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
Ok, I took a break from my real life obligations and stumbled across this tool over at XDA. Looks like it could help a lot of folks with some of the rooting processes that may seem confusing.

OP here: [TOOL] [10.01.13] WinDroid HTC EVO 4G LTE Toolkit v2.0 | Unlock | S-OFF | Root | Flash | - xda-developers

Developer is xda-developers - View Profile: WindyCityRockr

Looks like this has a lot of functions for gaining root automated, and from what I've read in the thread it works well.

Some of the features:

Beautiful ModernUI Theme
Customizable Colors
Attain Full S-OFF
Drag and Drop Files
Full Bootloader Unlock
Flash Custom Recovery
Flash Custom Kernel
Flash System, Data and Radio Images
Gain Permanent Root
Install Busybox
Sideload ROM's
Push and Pull Files
Install and Uninstall APK's
Full Backup and Restore
Get Logcats
Relock Bootloader
Write SuperCID
Flash Stock RUU
Custom ADB and Fastboot Commands
and many more!

I noticed the S-off methods aren't automated, they just link to their respective OP's as requested by the developers.

Check it out, see if it can help!! :)

what do you mean stuck? what does your bootloader say?

It remained locked... it gave a pop up several times, but it still stated "Locked."

I just went to your idiot's guide (that lists HTCdev steps); that finished the unlocking.

So to summarize, the Toolkit assisted in getting me through getting the Unlock binaries. I had to do the rest manually by putting the binary file in the Android file and running command prompt.

So, as usual, y'all helped me even BEFORE I got the question out :D

Thanks!

Can't get it to load TWRP either...

ETA: definitely user error on this one; it works in fastboot; of course, I wasn't in fastboot the first time I tried. It gave me a false positive when I did it wrong, but now TWRP is installed when I did it correctly.

I had to do TWRP manually.

So I went ahead and proceeded to moonshine. Some sort of bricking it seems; ended with "don't drink and shine."

Now I cannot get into anything but the bootloader.

No matter what I do, can get it boot to home screen. I can get in Recovery, but cannot but the system. Trying to just gives the HTV Quietly Brilliant screen with red developer's text, and then a blank screen.

I'm trying not to stretch the limits of noobish foolishness right now, but that doesn't mean I need to use a clean SD card, does it? I can keep on using an SD card that has all my phone stuff on it right?

Maybe a good idea to check with moonshiners in irc.

Since I am going to make it to the rooting hall of shame anyway, I might as well admit that I think I did not do my due diligence with regards to checking hboots. That's why I think Moonshine failed... I have 1.12.

*sigh*

No need for a new card......moonshine requires the next to latest firmware......rum runner requires the very latest firmware.

Just to be clear, you suggest flashing an s-on ROM, and then running, say, Facepalm?

Forgive the million inquiries. Trying to ensure I don't muck anything else up.

Thanks for all the help guys. Was back up and running same day. All s-off now, and running Viper. THANK YOU!

So, the toolkit is a nice resource. I think I might lean to doing the manually (and you will do some things manually if you're doing the whole process with the Toolkit anyway). It doesn't negate the need to learn the whole process (IMHO), and it isn't a one-touch solution.

Having said that, hats off to the developer. It's a tidy package, and he/she seems very responsive.

Back
Top Bottom