• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Touchscreen Not Working!

Prey521

Android Enthusiast
Hey all, out of the blue, my Triumphs screen is not working.....whether in CWM or in Android. Currently running the latest TG Reloaded. I've tried a battery pull.......not sure what else I could try. Am I SOL in returning this back to stock if I have send it back since the touchscreen doesn't even work in CWM?

Thanks

The touchscreen doesn't work in cwm recovery you use the side buttons and the soft pad menu button try a nandroid backup and fromat system and data and reinstall rom might fix

In CWM I meant the use of the capacitive buttons, sorry.

None of them work? There is a tiuchscreen cwm that might work for ya but I would just call vm from another phone and tell them your touchscreen stopped working and they will send a replacement I have sent a phone im rooted and had a custody
m rom and they didn't care. Ecuase you already have the new phone!:-)

None of them work? There is a tiuchscreen cwm that might work for ya but I would just call vm from another phone and tell them your touchscreen stopped working and they will send a replacement I have sent a phone im rooted and had a custody
m rom and they didn't care. Ecuase you already have the new phone!:-)

Yes, none of the capacitive buttons work and I doubt that the touchscreen CWM would work either. I'll just call VM up then and not bother with Best Buy, though maybe with BB I may get the phone on the spot and not have to wait for it to arrive in the mail.

I think that I will just call VM. What sucks is that since I can't use the capacitive buttons in CWM, I can't backup my ROM so that I can apply it to the new phone! The backup I have on it now is about a week old and I've made some changes since then. Argh!!

yup that sucks i doubt it is a software prob if the buttons dont work in cwm. im on my second triumph right now, she is a cruel mistress. bite the bullet and be happy you dont have a metro phone those guys REALLY suck.

At least they had one in stock for you the told me 7 to 8 days:(
I have the Best Buy warranty on it, but since I can't return it to stock and it's obvious that the phone is no longer stock, I didn't want to take the chance that they wouldn't let me exchange it.

That is next day, it takes a day to process the order, then it goes out, and you USUALLY get it the day after it is shipped.
Maybe I'm too used to dealing with Assurion Insurance for my corporate wireless accounts at work or non prepaid accounts for my personal phones, but for phone swaps I've always had the phones delivered by the next day. I could understand for a new phone, but to replace a defective phone at the minimum offer us the option. Now i'll have to use my Touchpad to play Hanging with Friends! :-/

That is next day, it takes a day to process the order, then it goes out, and you USUALLY get it the day after it is shipped.

The fact that Virgin Mobile offers replacement phones without any pre-arranged or pre-paid warranty and with no questions asked is above and beyond standard customer service expectations and leaves very little room for complaints.. just my opinion ;)

Anyway, I imagine it would suck for the touchscreen to just stop working. Unfortunate about not being able to back up your ROM, but at least you don't have to pay any repair fees or buy a new phone.

The fact that Virgin Mobile offers replacement phones without any pre-arranged or pre-paid warranty and with no questions asked is above and beyond standard customer service expectations and leaves very little room for complaints.. just my opinion ;)

Anyway, I imagine it would suck for the touchscreen to just stop working. Unfortunate about not being able to back up your ROM, but at least you don't have to pay any repair fees or buy a new phone.

He can back it up using the custom recovery I posted.

Edit: just one thing you have to take the recovery.img out of the zip if you use it.

Well I'll be....just received an email from VM saying that my phone has shipped Fedex Overnight. Should received it before 3pm tomorrow! Dude on the phone said it would go Fedex Ground and should get it by Saturday! I shoulda known to not trust the outsourced dude on the phone! LOL

Oh and thanks Marc for the touchbased recovery, going to try it now! Awesome!!!!

yup that sucks i doubt it is a software prob if the buttons dont work in cwm. im on my second triumph right now, she is a cruel mistress. bite the bullet and be happy you dont have a metro phone those guys REALLY suck.

haha thats right, the MetroPCS android phones are just all bad. a joke really

good! atleast you wont loose nothing but hey why not try installing a differnt rom and format system and data and just try the stock rom just a thought lol

Yeah, I tried the stock rom to see if it was an issue with CM and the touchscreen still didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom