• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen problems?

Hi Angel1980.

First lets try to make this as easy and painless as possible. All of it looks confusing but by using this much simpler method to gain control of your device,it will be a breeze. You will need to do some downloading to prepare to get control of your device and use it the way you want and get rid of all that carrier garbage.

First we want to do some pre prep of downloading all the needed files and placing them on your external sdcard.

First is Kingroot get it here https://www.roidbay.com/download/apk/1013 ,download and move it to your external sd if it downloaded to internal sd card.

Next is an app called flashify,get it here and move it to external sdcard: http://aff.giveawaycrew.com/d.php?p=1191&i=com.cgollner.flashify&v=1.9.2

Up next is our recovery that allows you to backup and restore your operating system plus install new operating systems,among other things it does... get it here and move it to external sdcard: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347771339

next is google apps package we will install with new operating system below,get it and move it to your external sdcard : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687838

And finally we want to get you a new spiffy operating system I think mine will do you nicely. Get it here and move it to external sdcard : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960686249

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we need to do some cleanup and space freeing of your internal sdcard because twrp recovery will want to backup there by default. So get all of your personal pictures and videos moved to external so as much free space as possible is available. This will avoid any backup failures when we get to that point. You are probably fine as long as you have at least 1 gb free on internal storage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok now we get down to business...

First open settings on device and go to security and check mark unknown sources..you will be prompted...allow the install of unknown apps...now then...

1. Install kingroot from your external sdcard..Its in Chinese so don't freak...just press the blue button telling you to get root. Now let it do its thing. It MAY fail the first time out. That isnt really the root failing but more so your data connection bugging out and not responding properly to the apps request to download needed files because kingroot WILL root this device just fine... If it fails,just be sure you are connected to data on the phone and try again. It will get root. Once it throws up the goofy smiling character bragging it got root in Chinese..just exit the app.

2. Now install this app called flashify from external sdcard. It will allow you to install TWRP recovery. Recovery is essential. It allows you to backup your devices operating system for restore and also to install new operating systems which we call Roms. And it also allows you to do other things.

3. Ok now that you have root and flashify installed. Now.. Open flashify and you will get a prompt from kingroot asking to give permission to flashify..pick right hand button to allow..it may be in Chinese but i cant recall..its the right hand button. Now in flashify there are two tabs..flash and backup/restore..pick the flash tab if it isn't already on it. Now pick recovery image...next pick choose file..browse your external sd card and pick the twrp recovery file you downloaded above..it will ask you are you sure..yes...let it flash it. Now. exit the app and we will reboot to recovery. Power off the device completely. Now we will enter recovery upon power on by holding down power button PLUS volume down button together until you see the twrp teamwin blue screen appear. Now that you are in recovery we want to backup your current setup. Click on backup. You'll see three boxes already check marked. that's all you need to backup. Now we want to backup...swipe to backup at the bottom. It will take a few minutes. Once its done. Hit the back button to get back to main recovery screen. Now we want to fully wipe the device so we can install a spiffy new operating system...Pick the Wipe option and pick Advanced Wipe...now check mark Dalvik Cache,System,Cache,Data...and swipe the wipe button below. Once finished hit the back button to get back to main recovery screen.

4. Now to get rid of kingroot and get you up and running on a new and much nicer operating system. We will install my rom which you downloaded earlier called ZV6_Final_Stock_Debloated_No_Gapps.zip..From the main twrp menu pick install...at the top change from internal sd card to external sdcard and pick my file you will see a screen to flash it..at the bottom pick swipe to confirm flash...once its finished we will go back to main recovery screen and flash your google apps package..press back button at bottom to get back to main screen...pick install and you should see your google apps package listed as open_gapps-arm-4.4-nano-20160117.zip. flash it and simply pick the reboot option on the bottom right.

Ok once the phone boots back to main home screen we will need to get your data services going...

Once the phone has fully rebooted we want to get your data and services going...easiest way to do this is to open the dialer and type in ##72786#. This is will cause the phone to reboot. Once it reboots let it do its thing. Just sit back and watch..you'll see it do a "PRL Update"...phone will reboot...then upon reboot it will do a "Profile Update"...phone will reboot...then it will boot back up and look for a firmware update and wont find on...its done. Now you are fully rooted with full admin access...no more kingroot..no more carrier app crap...enjoy :)

if kingroot fails..let me know. ill dig up the version that i know worked for me.
I am going to screen shot this and follow directions from my tablet. However before I begin... I was parusing other sites while I was anticipating a response to my question and came across similar information. When these articles mentioned rooting my phone it also mentioned formatting my sd card. Following the wonderfully detailed instructions you have provided will this process format my sd card? If so will I loose any files or photo's stored on my sd card? Also in my lame attempt at rescuing my own phone I used the file manager to copy all my internal files to my sd card. Will this in anyway affect/impair me completing the above instructions?

I also wanted to tell you how greatly appreciated your detailed answer is. Thank you. With your help I may be able to have a half descent phone when in this day and age technology is so quickly advancing you almost have to be rich to keep up. Hundreds of dollars in technology becomes disposable waiste. Again thank you for your knowledge and time.

The only storage that will be formatted during process will be internal sdcard. if you have anything saved on internal like photos,videos,etc back them up to pc or move them to external sdcard.

I also wanted to tell you how greatly appreciated your detailed answer is. Thank you. With your help I may be able to have a half descent phone when in this day and age technology is so quickly advancing you almost have to be rich to keep up. Hundreds of dollars in technology becomes disposable waiste. Again thank you for your knowledge and time.

i agree. cant see spending $350//$400 on a phone that will be "out dated" in a year. nothing wrong with a device like ours if set up properly. carriers hinder these devices with their adware. after that junk is removed its a great device.

Curtis1973;
Boost Mobile LG Volt 2
This post is a huge help.. The "ABC123" of the process.. Thanks.

Now the question LOL.
When I reboot into recovery after i've accomplished root and opened flashify.. I get an error message that says " Secure booting error at the top of a black screen. If i release the buttons, it boots normal as if I have not touched the phone.
Plz help..
KK

lg volt 2 is NOT supported using the guide above. now it would be using a twrp recovery developed for the lg volt 2. NOT the one i shared. the two devices are different enough that i would assume it could brick your device using our twrp. so if you have a recovery that was developed for the volt 2,you should be fine. i do not suggest using ours. do so at own risk.

Nice catch Curtis1975. Having not done this for quite sometime, where do I get the Twrp recovery ?

Thx again

KK

Development for your LG Volt 2 is located here : http://androidforums.com/forums/root-lg-volt-2.3151/

Not a lot happening there except root being achieved. No recovery available for your device as of now. I am not sure about our recovery working for you. The two devices are pretty much the same except one major thing. Your device has more available onboard ram which allows for larger partitions. That alone is enough to make our recovery suspect for your device. Mismatched partition sizes would either brick your phone or cause you to end up with smaller partition sizes. I can not suggest trying it.

Development for your LG Volt 2 is located here : http://androidforums.com/forums/root-lg-volt-2.3151/

Not a lot happening there except root being achieved. No recovery available for your device as of now. I am not sure about our recovery working for you. The two devices are pretty much the same except one major thing. Your device has more available onboard ram which allows for larger partitions. That alone is enough to make our recovery suspect for your device. Mismatched partition sizes would either brick your phone or cause you to end up with smaller partition sizes. I can not suggest trying it.

Thankx to Curtis1973. Best directions for phone "mod" I've seen. As for me and my Volt 2, Here I sit stuck on the fence.. I'm taking your advice and not using your recovery option. HUGE HELP THOUGH !!

Thankx to Curtis1973. Best directions for phone "mod" I've seen. As for me and my Volt 2, Here I sit stuck on the fence.. I'm taking your advice and not using your recovery option. HUGE HELP THOUGH !!
If you happened to make a backup of your stock recovery, you should restore it. If you can't, be wary of any OTA updates that come through. There is a strong possibility of bricking when installing an OTA update with custom recovery in general, let alone with the wrong one.

Yep. The Update bricked me. Can someone help me get back to stock Recovery ?. OH boy.. Stuck in boot

KK

Sounds like you either already had our custom recovery on your volt 2 or decided to throw chance to the wind and install it any way....well thats a predicament. IF you backed up your original rom as you should have upon installing recovery...you should be able to recover to it using twrp. But not exactly sure what your status is though...bit murky there...do you have or did you install twrp from our forums? If so then I assume its working ok as fas as not bricking you upon install. So lets see how well it does work..

Curtis
I downloaded all the files that you had listed. I installed kingroot, root was accomplished, then flashify. I did this next Ok now that you have root and flashify installed. Now.. Open flashify and you will get a prompt from kingroot asking to give permission to flashify..pick right hand button to allow..it may be in Chinese but i cant recall..its the right hand button. Now in flashify there are two tabs..flash and backup/restore..pick the flash tab if it isn't already on it. Now pick recovery image...next pick choose file..browse your external sd card and pick the twrp recovery file you downloaded above..it will ask you are you sure..yes...let it flash it. Now. exit the app and we will reboot to recovery.
I tryed this next step but couldn't get it done..??
Now. exit the app and we will reboot to recovery. Power off the device completely. Now we will enter recovery upon power on by holding down power button PLUS volume down button together until you see the twrp teamwin blue screen appear.
Because of this , Im not sure I backed up. I didn't do the wipe either..Following steps you layed out..
Hit the back button to get back to main recovery screen. Now we want to fully wipe the device so we can install a spiffy new operating system...Pick the Wipe option and pick Advanced Wipe...now check mark Dalvik Cache,System,Cache,Data...and swipe the wipe button below. Once finished hit the back button to get back to main recovery .
So all my data could be on the phone. I'm just a bit to "newbie" to figure it out. And I am aware that learning somehing from you is so I can pass it on to others.. !!! THX
So Im stuck on the Boost screen. Did I give you enough data to help me dig out..Much appreciated
I also loaded Super sume to remove King root. It happened after I removed king root.. ?? maybe no relevance

Last edited:
to reboot to recovery phone must be off,simultaneously press and hold power and the volume down keys. either you will boot to stock recovery or twrp recovery if you did in fact install it. You will know twrp by its teamwin boot screen which is blue followed by an obvious options panel. now stock recovery will be very minimal. dos text like options scrolled up and down via volume keys and options picked with either power or home key

Last edited:
When I do that, I get neither of those options. I get a LG logo for a second then a black screen with the words
"secure booting error.
Error code 1003"
Then it goes to the boost mobile logo and sticks.

Input ?? Thx man !!

I guess Im trying to figure out first and foremost if you did in fact flash our twrp to your lg volt 2. Not so much whether or not you got root,etc.. Root might have caused the bootloop due to ota update but installing our recovery could have also. I do however think there may be a way back for you if we can get you into download mode and from there use lg tools to revert your device to stock lg rom for the lg volt 2. if in fact lg even has it up for use. i have been looking at the spec comparison between our volt and yours and honestly it looks like more of a downgrade from volt to volt 2. in fact a number of features were removed completely from the volt 2. only thing i can see is a repartitioning of space by lg in order to get lollipop on the device. it has a few minor differences like camera and lcd display but thats about it really. if you are in fact bootlooped you will need the use of lg tools and a tot file to reinstall your stock operating system. i hate this happened to you but the volt and volt 2 are not the samething where it counts in regards to the utilities and software we use. never flash anything not specifically labeled for your device.

When I do that, I get neither of those options. I get a LG logo for a second then a black screen with the words
"secure booting error.
Error code 1003"
Then it goes to the boost mobile logo and sticks.

Input ?? Thx man !!

yeah sounds like you did flash our recovery.

try this method to enter recovery on your volt 2. press and hold volume down with power off,while holding volume down,press and hold power plus home button. that's supposed to be your factory restore mode key combo. lets see if it gets you to factory restore.

try this method to enter recovery on your volt 2. press and hold volume down with power off,while holding volume down,press and hold power plus home button. that's supposed to be your factory restore mode key combo. lets see if it gets you to factory restore.

I have no home button when the power is off. Tried numerous pushes in that area..???? Would you be willing to call me ? Big help

I have no home button when the power is off. Tried numerous pushes in that area..???? Would you be willing to call me ? Big help

i dont think it will help. i dug the key combo thread up on xda by several volt 2 users who are bricked just like you. one joker posted that bogus key combo. assumed you had hard keys at bottom. seems a ton of volt 2 users are suffering from ota bootloop problems due to rooting then gettimg an ota update. i believe you got bit by it also. if there was an official firmware set for the volt 2 online you could restore from it posdibly. but in the end if you did flash our recovery you may be permanently bricked

i dont think it will help. i dug the key combo thread up on xda by several volt 2 users who are bricked just like you. one joker posted that bogus key combo. assumed you had hard keys at bottom. seems a ton of volt 2 users are suffering from ota bootloop problems due to rooting then gettimg an ota update. i believe you got bit by it also. if there was an official firmware set for the volt 2 online you could restore from it posdibly. but in the end if you did flash our recovery you may be permanently bricked

Cutis;
Is this the video I need to fix my phone. ??
I was able to push volume up while powering on. Im in Firmware update screen. Does that help?
K

Cutis;
Is this the video I need to fix my phone. ??
I was able to push volume up while powering on. Im in Firmware update screen. Does that help?
K
Yeah, that can potentially fix your phone, provided you can get a hold of a factory firmware image (a tot file) and dll for your phone. We have a process for this for the original Volt, but only because one of our members shelled out $100 to buy the firmware image from LG. Try looking for a Volt 2 tot file. Don't know if you'll find one, but it's about your only option now. There's the possibility you could sneak it through LG for a warranty replacement, but that's assuming they don't bother to check for tampering.

Back
Top Bottom