• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Trident Cyclops Case for HTC Evo 4G

Looks like it would really protect the phone!!! BUT.....I gotta be honest...this makes the phone look hideous (sorry). If I worked construction and had to have my phone on my all the time then maybe I would use it just at work. I just couldnt cover my beautiful Evo in that hideous costume...Not trying to be rude or offend any one, to each their own. Just giving my honest opinion...

Upvote 0
I find it to be a pretty attractive case, but people's tastes obviously differ.

Mine was just sent by meritline today. You may have noticed that they had an option for rushed shipping. I didn't pay for that & I placed the order over the weekend. It looks like Meritline is a general discount store, selling a wide variety of products, so I take it that customer service isn't as much of a priority as offering low prices.

Reactions: tlr3
Upvote 0
thanks for the info! i'll hold out hope a little longer, then. (i also didn't pay for rushed shipping and placed the order over the weekend.)

(the case looks fine to me, btw, but i'm a lot more concerned about keeping it secure.)

I find it to be a pretty attractive case, but people's tastes obviously differ.

Mine was just sent by meritline today. You may have noticed that they had an option for rushed shipping. I didn't pay for that & I placed the order over the weekend. It looks like Meritline is a general discount store, selling a wide variety of products, so I take it that customer service isn't as much of a priority as offering low prices.

Upvote 0
confirmed--i also had ordered the black, also called and after a brief hold reached a helpful lady. the white case had 6 left according to her, so she switched my order so it's for that color. it looks like several of the other colors are also still available, just not the black.

(after all this effort, i hope i end up liking the case!)

I placed an order through Meritline this past weekend and gave them a call pertaining to why my order was still stuck in Step 2: Payment Process. Apparently the black case is now backordered, and more should be arriving within the next 2 weeks. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up.

Upvote 0
I got my case and i must say it gives great protection and a good grip. I am not a fan of the screen protector though. My case is allowing dust under it and the protector is not flush with the evo screen. I feel if i drop my phone it will be protected. I'll upload pics tonight.

Pictures? I'm still waiting on them to see if I want to order it or not.

Upvote 0
I received mine today as well. Unfortunately my camera is my phone so I can't take side by side pics, but for those of you who are concerned about bulk, this isn't the case for you. If you want a solid, attractive case that gives maximum protection, I'd say that this is the way to go. Also you shouldn't have any worries about the silicon coming off: it's held in place by grooves.

Update: I've dropped the phones twice since having the case on & I'm not one to normally drop my phone. One of the times some prick rushing through the crowded bar that I was in knocked it out of my hand. The silicon is a little slick though & the added bulk also makes the phone a little more difficult for me to grip while using the screen. On the positive side of things, there's not a scratch on the case or the phone even though the dude who knocked it hit it pretty hard so that it slammed onto the ground.

Upvote 0
Glad everyone (almost everyone) found this post useful! Like I had posted earlier I ordered the yellow one, It came yesterday, but was taken from my mail-box by some thief, second time something has been stolen. I'm getting the police involved and have set-up a camera! I will catch you whoever stole my precious case muahhahahaha....On a lighter note I believe meritline.com will send a new one free of charge....hopefully..

Upvote 0
I am leaving my original comments intact below. Less than 2 months after having this case I decided it is just not for me. There are too many issues.

1. The oily screen protector. The only real fix to to punch it out and put in your own.
2. The cut out for the earphones is too small for a standard jack. Trident gives you an adapter, but the one supplied by them does not fit well, sometimes music will cut from left to right, back to left... I ordered a couple additional adapters from them and they have the same issue.
3. The cut outs for the ear and get filled with lint if you carry in your pocket, rendering the prox sensor useless.
4. The latest thing is the inner hard shell seems picks up dirt or oil. I purchased the blue case and when I received was a bright brilliant blue, but now is dull and dirty looking. Should have purchased the black case.

Just got it from the mailbox 30 minutes ago.

The case does not add as much bulk as I thought it would. The rubber is flexible, but fits very solid on the case.

The built in screen is nice...you can't even see that is on the case. The film is not as slick as my last screen protector, so I notice a little drag while swiping.

The kickstand is easy to get to and the buttons are easy to press.

The port covers are easy to open and close.

This is my forth case for the EVO and I think this is a keeper.

Oh, and I love the blue.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: jxr94 and daddyd302
Upvote 0
Just got it from the mailbox 30 minutes ago.

The case does not add as much bulk as I thought it would. The rubber is flexible, but fits very solid on the case.

The built in screen is nice...you can't even see that is on the case. The film is not as slick as my last screen protector, so I notice a little drag while swiping.

The kickstand is easy to get to and the buttons are easy to press.

The port covers are easy to open and close.

This is my forth case for the EVO and I think this is a keeper.

Oh, and I love the blue.

I was actually about to post my pictures. Do you have problem with the screen protector collecting dust from your pocket or the screen protector sticking to the phone screen unevenly.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upvote 0
Mine screen looks like your 2Gtalon. Apparently it can be fixed with baby powder, but I'm not about to go & buy baby powder when I plan to get the screen upgrade when it comes out. I tried wiping down the screen & the back of the screen protector to see if it might be from trace amounts of oil, but it didn't fix the problem. There are quite a few posts about this issue on the Trident Facebook page & they act as though they hadn't witnessed this issue. I thought about punching out the screen protector & installing my other Steinheil, but I'm worried that the case might not fit as well then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones