• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Troubles going from rooted .596 to .602 via linux sbf

Thanks for the help Bo, emaN and VS!

Now to re-set up everything. Hoping I can retreive my backup from the 16GB SD card...

Update!

1. For some very strange reason, (THANKFULLY!) my 16 GB SD card that was being reported as "bad" and needing to be formatted after one of my failed attempts (but after SBFing to .340) to get from rooted .596 to rooted .602 yesterday, is now being read properly, and I haven't lost any data! I was able to use Titanium and restore apps and data. (I decided not to try a nandroid restore) Very strange in deed, as my 8GB card was being read properly yesterday while the 16GB wasn't.

2. Version .602 seems to be running well, but it's too soon to really know if it resolved the issues I was having (intermittent inability to make calls and getting the 0:00 second call duration, intermittent data connection loss, random reboots, reboot after turning off, etc).

Thanks again for the help, guys!

Update!

1. For some very strange reason, (THANKFULLY!) my 16 GB SD card that was being reported as "bad" and needing to be formatted after one of my failed attempts (but after SBFing to .340) to get from rooted .596 to rooted .602 yesterday, is now being read properly, and I haven't lost any data! I was able to use Titanium and restore apps and data. (I decided not to try a nandroid restore) Very strange in deed, as my 8GB card was being read properly yesterday while the 16GB wasn't.

2. Version .602 seems to be running well, but it's too soon to really know if it resolved the issues I was having (intermittent inability to make calls and getting the 0:00 second call duration, intermittent data connection loss, random reboots, reboot after turning off, etc).

Thanks again for the help, guys!

I suggest you backup all your data on the 16GB if you haven't done so already, in case you aren't able to read the card anymore, it might really be going bad.

Back
Top Bottom