• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to root

ymmie

Aug 25, 2010
I am trying to root and was having problems with REGAW method fetching and applying the unlock code so I manually did the HTCDev thing to unlock with success. Then I manually flashed Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.2.1-jewel.img and it loads but when I reboot to bootloader it says **TAPMERED** with **UNLOCKED** under that. I am assuming that's not a good thing. Also, superSU can't download binaries and root checker says I do not have root access.

What went wrong and how do I fix it.
http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/jewel/openrecovery-twrp-2.2.1-jewel.img

You didn't mess anything up. You were actually successful although it doesn't look like it. Your bootloader says UNLOCKED because you unlocked it, you can flash files now. It says TAMPERED because, well you tampered with it. This isn't a problem, you're good. You say flashing TWRP was successful. Then you just have to either flash the SU binaries through recovery or flash a rooted ROM. I suggest the latter. You can flash a stock ROM. You can find them without the bloatware too. If you want to go to an AOSP ROM like CM10 you might have to fastboot flash the kernel.

Reactions: ymmie and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You didn't mess anything up. You were actually successful although it doesn't look like it. Your bootloader says UNLOCKED because you unlocked it, you can flash files now. It says TAMPERED because, well you tampered with it. This isn't a problem, you're good. You say flashing TWRP was successful. Then you just have to either flash the SU binaries through recovery or flash a rooted ROM. I suggest the latter. You can flash a stock ROM. You can find them without the bloatware too. If you want to go to an AOSP ROM like CM10 you might have to fastboot flash the kernel.

So where do I download the binaries to flash?

Edit: I also get an error when trying to open SuperSU that says "There is no SU binary installed, and superuser cannot install it. This is a problem!"
2012-11-18_13-25-08.png

2012-11-18_13-25-08.png

Upvote 0
Reactions: ymmie and argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones