• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to unroot, can't find correct RUU. Help!

scm325

Lurker
Dec 18, 2014
I bought this phone (HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile) not knowing that it was rooted. I don't care to keep it rooted, since I don't do anything but call, text and browse the web/check emails for when I'm not at home.

I know nothing about this rooting and unrooting stuff. I'm just trying to follow directions and I have found so many threads and tips/advice that I have so many files downloaded.

Here is what it says when I press the vol + power button:

relocked
security warning
shooter xc ship s-on rl
hboot-1.57.0000
radio-1.06.00.0426
openadsp-v02.6.0.2226.00.0217
emmc-boot
apr 20, 2012m 17:39:22

My phone's software before trying to download any RUU was: 1.13.652.2

I already downloaded the Mini-SDK file and "relocked" it typing "fastboot oem lock" on the cmd prompt. I tried running different RUU and it has given me an error for the past 3x I've tried running it saying that I need to download the correct RUU.

Problem is, when I go back to look at my software info: it states that it is:

Android version:

HTC Sense version:

Software nujmber:
1.13.652.2 710RD

I have the HTC Evo 3D VM. So is it possible that trying to download so many RUU's, I downloaded one for the HTC Sense? Or am I just confusing myself?

Anyone have the link to the correct RUU or possibly know what I'm doing wrong? I apologize because I'm sure so many people have asked the same question, but reading other threads have caused me to be confused.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

With the bootloader relocked you should be able to run this ruu: https://copy.com/DlY7d

Also, run the ruu with the device in fastboot USB mode.
To do that, power off the device. Pull the battery and replace it. Hold volume down. Tap the power button while continuing to hold volume down.
Once you see the boot loader screen use volume down to hilight fastboot and then use the power button to select it. With the device plugged into the PC, you should see FASTBOOT USB in red letters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones