• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUT] Building CyanogenMod 7 for the Prevail from source

Have done some research and reading and I believe I am up and running well.....I ran my first build attempt and here is the error I am getting with this attempt...any ideas?

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/prevail/obj/lib/libcamera.so', needed by `out/target/product/prevail/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/LINKED/libcameraservice.so'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
target thumb C++: libcameraservice <= frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp

Upvote 0
Have done some research and reading and I believe I am up and running well.....I ran my first build attempt and here is the error I am getting with this attempt...any ideas?

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/prevail/obj/lib/libcamera.so', needed by `out/target/product/prevail/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/LINKED/libcameraservice.so'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
target thumb C++: libcameraservice <= frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp

Cancel above error....I figured it out finally...

Have a new one I could use some help with............

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs

Any ideas on this one?

Upvote 0

1 error
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Any ideas on this one?

that error is not saying much, I would scroll up the page and look for other errors

Upvote 0

1 error

Any ideas on this one?

I was getting that same error when I was trying to compile cm9... I worked thru several errors but could not figure it out...

I decided to try cm7 and am now getting the the cameraservice error... how did you fix?

Upvote 0
I was getting that same error when I was trying to compile cm9... I worked thru several errors but could not figure it out...

I decided to try cm7 and am now getting the the cameraservice error... how did you fix?

I downloaded the cm7 repo a long time ago, and I was able to get my source to build with no errors

I think there have been a few other people who used it, and were able to build with no errors too

I am not sure why you are getting these errors

Upvote 0

I was able to finally get a successful build....the cameraservice error can be fixed by going into the Buildconfig file under device and type in
USE CAMERA_STUB := true

under the line

#BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA := true

Upvote 0
well I am using the 64 bit version

I think there may some differences when you install the necessary java sdk files and stuff

I would say go for it and when you stuck, post the errors you are getting

hey horak im joining back to the prevail team :p with my system up and running i have a few posts that i wanted t o share as far as linux users go

You will need a 64-bit version of Ubuntu. Ubuntu 10.04 is recommended. Building using a newer version of Ubuntu is currently only experimentally supported and is not guaranteed to work on branches other than master.

as this is stated in the android sdk site >>Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source
if this was the case cross compiller would be it 64 and 86 are 2 different versions of the cpu family im useing x86 ubuntu but changeing to x64

anyway point in the right im not a linux guru but ive held on my own with suse 8 and mandrake from years ago so i know my cmd if u need any help google and linux users are your best friends and of course theres "rtfm"

-Edit-
Reverting from make 3.82

For versions of Android before ICS, there is a bug in gmake 3.82 that prevents android from building. You can install version 3.81 using MacPorts by taking the following steps:

• Edit /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf and add a line that says
    file:///Users/Shared/dports above the rsync line. Then create this directory:
    $ mkdir /Users/Shared/dports
  • In the new dports directory, run
    $ svn co --revision 50980 http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/devel/gmake/ devel/gmake/
  • Create a port index for your new local repository:
    $ portindex /Users/Shared/dports
  • Finally, install the old version of gmake with
    $ sudo port install gmake @3.81

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
hello all while trying to use the sh installerBuildRomGalmin.sh i had a few problems as far as script wise

as i su to root and ran the script i had a few problems sun java 6 wouldnt install and libdev wouldnt ether

sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate.
lib32ncurses5-dev has no installation candidate.
lib32readline5-dev has no installation candidate.

#download build packages
apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl >libncurses5-dev< pngcrush schedtool zlib1g-dev libc6-dev >>lib32ncurses5-dev<< ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown >>sun-java6-jdk<<

had to remove

lib32ncurses5-dev
sun-java6-jdk
lib32readline5-dev

and install them manually after removeing the lines of code i saved and apt-get asked to install 303mbs worth of drivers and libs

this is for anyone elise who had this problem :D
Linux hacker-elite 3.2.0-24-skywalker #38-Ubuntu SMP Tue May 1 16:18:50 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

;) thank you horak13 for the tut and team squad for the great script ^^

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
hello all while trying to use the sh installerBuildRomGalmin.sh i had a few problems as far as script wise

as i su to root and ran the script i had a few problems sun java 6 wouldnt install and libdev wouldnt ether

sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate.
lib32ncurses5-dev has no installation candidate.
lib32readline5-dev has no installation candidate.

I have updated the OP with some JDK stuff

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones