• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Tutorial] Easy PRL change without using CDMA WS

ok, why would anyone change it or want/need to change it and what would changeing it do????????

Change it to something easier to remember. lol :p

As far as I know it doesn't affect anything if you change it. The only reason I know that it changes when you change handsets is because it changed when I changed mine. :D

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
I think I'm a pretty tech savy guy and absolutely read and follow instructions. I need help, the code ##7678# does not work for me. I get a recorded message that tells me that the number or code entered is wrong and to please check it and try again. What should I do? Anybody have any ideas because I'm stuck. :thinking:
are you rooted what rom are you on,ctmod3.6?
if so you have to make a backup and then flash 2.5 or half ass rom to phone and then follow steps and then restore to get back to where you are now.
there is no hidden menue on 2.6 and up and most other roms.

Reactions: w3wiLLPr3vAiL
Upvote 0
I think I'm a pretty tech savy guy and absolutely read and follow instructions. I need help, the code ##7678# does not work for me. I get a recorded message that tells me that the number or code entered is wrong and to please check it and try again. What should I do? Anybody have any ideas because I'm stuck. :thinking:

You need to be on a Rom that the ##7678# code works, like CTMod 2.5 or Half Ass Rom 1.0 or 2.0.

Upvote 0
someone on the prevail no rooted forum said this and wonder if would be good to try while on 2.5 or 1/2 ass
Increased 3g speeds by changing

Home orig. vocoder = 13k

Home page vocoder = wild

roam orig. vocoder = 13k

3g speeds went to an average 0f 230-290kbps download to 600-980kbps and uploads from 80-150kbps up to 480-650kbps

Enter settings from dial pad ##3282# enter msl, select edit [enter msl] select advanced and change vocoder settings

Upvote 0
someone on the prevail no rooted forum said this and wonder if would be good to try while on 2.5 or 1/2 ass

Home orig. vocoder = 13k

Home page vocoder = wild

roam orig. vocoder = 13k

3g speeds went to an average 0f 230-290kbps download to 600-980kbps and uploads from 80-150kbps up to 480-650kbps

Enter settings from dial pad ##3282# enter msl, select edit [enter msl] select advanced and change vocoder settings
I tried this tweak a few months ago. I didnt notice a change in 3G speed. But it never hurts to try if itll work for you(well it could hurt a little:) )

Upvote 0
Reactions: djrip and cwhatever
Upvote 0

Home orig. vocoder = 13k

Home page vocoder = wild

roam orig. vocoder = 13k

Would this still work on ctmod. 3.75?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones