• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tutorial: Manual update 3020 prl

I ran into this problem too. For anyone else running into this problem the crux of the matter is to register the DLL. The reggie file is just a convenient user friendly way to do it but it isn't the only way. Google register dll win7 (or whatever your windows version is) and you'll get plenty of hits that show you how.

I did it from an elevated cmd shell. No problem.

Explanation of Regsvr32 usage and error messages

Here is a tip for you if you use a cmd shell.

Click the address bar when you are in the folder for the lg DLL. Then copy the file path to the clipboard.

In your open cmd window, type in regserver command and space over one then you can click the icon in the upper left corner - that drops a menu down - then click 'Edit' - then click paste to paste in the folder path and add on the \dllname.dll
Could someone please help me im stuck at the part were it says to put the DLL file in the reggie... I putted the DLL FILE IN THE reggie and i get an error... I also did what
REDDARIN did.. This is what i typed in the cmd regsvr32.exe C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\LGMS690-2.2-ZV3tot\MTP\MS690.DLL and i also get an error it says THE MODULE C\LG.. FAILED TO LOAD MAKE SURE THE BINARY IS STORED AT THE SPECIFIED PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT DLL FILES. THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND..
i never putted nothing on the path, do i have to put something?? please help me...

Upvote 0
Could someone please help me im stuck at the part were it says to put the DLL file in the reggie... I putted the DLL FILE IN THE reggie and i get an error... I also did what
REDDARIN did.. This is what i typed in the cmd regsvr32.exe C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\LGMS690-2.2-ZV3tot\MTP\MS690.DLL and i also get an error it says THE MODULE C\LG.. FAILED TO LOAD MAKE SURE THE BINARY IS STORED AT THE SPECIFIED PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT DLL FILES. THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND..
i never putted nothing on the path, do i have to put something?? please help me...
you need to turn off user account control. that will do it every time.

Upvote 0
i tried this before and thought it did not work. i then had to restore my daughters disactivated optimus and used the 3020prl, last night i was checking her phone and saw the 3G on top, huh?? i installed it to mine again and still 1x, so i reset, bam! 3G i got it! if the prl alone does not give you 3G on top, try a restart. if not still i did the "LTE OnOff" app from market and tried the evdo, got "3G" but lost incoming calls. i then tried in (lte onoff) the "CDMA auto prl", got incoming calls and still had "3G", speeds are up a bit, from 120up 100dn to 190up 180dn, still not stellar 3G but enough to do low res youtube and stop free streaming radio. i get 1500up 1200dn on my work fone optimus t, metro is not even close still to real 3g speeds.

I am in Tampa Florida

great tip. thanks.

Upvote 0

Step 4: Enjoy (if you are lucky)
Again, I do not guarantee that you will get 3G. You might be unlucky like me and be stuck at 1x. However if you have 3G (you lucky basta**), then enjoy. :cool:

[/QUOTE]

YEESSSS IM SO ENJOYING THIS :D!!!!! I got 3g service here at San Jose, CA !! your instructions were awesome, even the instructions in the readme.txt file were awesome, and now my phone is AWESOME XD !!! After i followed your steps, i then used LauncherPro and made a shortcut on my homescreen to access the phone's hidden menus (press and hold the homescreen, press "Shortcuts", then "Activities", then scroll down and press "com.lge.LgHiddenMenu", and tap the first one under that which is called 'ServicesLG".... im not taking credit btw, haha found it on another post but might as well spread the good news) and in there i made it so it would only roam, making my phone have only 3g service :D!! (to make it only roam, just go to your homescreen, press the shortcut you made to the hidden menus, scroll down to "Network Mode" and press it, then select "Evdo only" and BAM!!! 3g awesomeness... that is IF your area has it of course :p)

EDIT:
OOOK i guess i posted this way too early haha... i got the 3g service BUT it was just data... i couldnt receive/make any phone calls and i couldnt receive/send texts, but internet was working (logged in to my facebook, watched a few youtube vids...) ssooo ... what the heck?? i used the hidden menus to return it back to normal (it did work) and then tried the app LTE onoff like j_blaze14 had done... same result as his... has anyone gotten anything different?

Upvote 0
BTW, to those who are having the .dll to the Reggie.exe problem... simplest thing to do (which actually did work for me) just right click Reggie.exe, go down to Properties, then click on the 'Compatibility" tab on the top, and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and put it as Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Click apply and then ok at the bottom, and then just try dragging the .dll file on the Reggie.exe again, hope this helps out

Upvote 0
I registered the ms690.dll file, then went to the LGNPST shortcut & double clicked the LGNPST file and got an error message saying "Fail to load Skin.DLL". Did I do something wrong? My laptop's running Win7. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated. =/

Sorry for the long awaited reply, I rarely have time nowadays for anything... building a boat is a job on it's own. Lol. And try the installation process again. If it doesn't work then let me know and sometime this weekend I'll look into your issue further and hopefully find a resolution

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones