• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

Glad you figured it out. You can simply back up your sd card and partition it in recovery too :)

Ok i got it all figured out now my phone is rooted but on the Link2Sd part i cannot figure out how to partition my sd card could you post a video or something im new to this im honestly supprised i rooted my phone but i cant figure out how to partition my sd card using the mini partition tool wizard thanks!

I partitioned mine by taking the card out of the phone and putting it in the SD slot on my laptop (using the SC/MiniSD adapter). Worked just fine. On my 8gb card i deleted the partitions, created a 6gb Fat32 partition, and then created a ext2 partition with the remaining space on the card. I think you can make both partitions Fat32 if you want. Both partitions need to be assigned as primary partitions.

That works too. Thank you for your continued support everyone.
I should have a little surprise sometime today, maybe tomorrow. Its ends in a 7 ;) and the word alpha is attached

I am s-off and my wildfire is rooted using the SuperOneClick but Superuser wasn't installed during the root. I read somewhere that I need it to grant permissions to apps if I want to move apps to my sd card. What should I do?

For moving apps I use apps2sd. I think that should work just fine . I have super user installed but I don't launch it ever for anything. On edit - I am not an expert but I am thinking just having super user installed gives the needed su permissions to apps like link2sd?

Is there any way to force move some of the apps though like facebook? Or at least delete some of the bloatware? Because the internal storage on this phone is absolutely terrible.

Is there any way to force move some of the apps though like facebook? Or at least delete some of the bloatware? Because the internal storage on this phone is absolutely terrible.

Yeah that's what I use link2sd for, moving all my apps, including FB to the sd card (except for system files). But you have to re-partition the sd card in order to make it work. It needs 2 partitions instead of one. There are instructions on how to do it in this thread

Yeah that's what I was thinking because SuperOneClick didn't install busybox or superuser when I ran it. But, when I try to run it again it tells me my device is already rooted and asks if I want to continue.

ok so i do step 1 and format my sd after backin it up then i go to step 3 nd it says cid is already reversed nd then i click get cid and then a box pops up and says" Try the other MMC's and make sure you have htc sync drivers installed " .anyone got any idea please help?

I'm getting stuck here too. Any advice? I installed HTC sync, maybe I need a particular version? Anyone care to provide a link to the version of HTC sync they used successfully? Tried the other MMC's with no luck.

thanks

edit - after rereading the directions, I think I may have neglected to set USB DEBUGGING ENABLED. Not sure now, will try it again later tonight.

Dont do that step, you can actually go straight to the website and use the CID you got allready reversed. Then pick back up on the steps where it wants you to put that img file onto the card. Hope this helps

Also there is your problem, You must go to market and install Superuser. Doesnt take much ;)

PS, i have pneumonia currently, so im spending alot of time resting. I havent abandoned the thread.

Here is a poll for everyone:
which would you like to see on our phone
Pure AOSP ICS (Very hard to port)
CyanogenMod7 (Easy, little needed to port)
CyanogenMod9 (Easy, little needed to port)
Miui (Easy now that we have an AOSP Kernel, Thanks to Bobzhome)
UOT Themes?
Stock Rom's that are modified?

Pick and choose what you want, if i get replies for the ones wanted I'll look into them and add directions on How to DIY it, so we can get development off. Im like the father of WFS development, and to spread XD

I do have superuser installed but there are no prompts asking for permissions when I use apps such as link2sd and wireless tether.

edit - after rereading the directions, I think I may have neglected to set USB DEBUGGING ENABLED. Not sure now, will try it again later tonight.

Yes that was a problem. I tried again with USB DEBUGGING ENABLED, and got a little farther, but still wasn't working. I had already formatted my sd card a few days ago using the gold card app so was skipping that step now, but decided to start over from the beginning and do that part again. That got me to s-off successfully.

Now I'm getting stuck in Super One Click, it runs some steps, then runs some steps labeled #1-#2-#3, then doesn't do anything. I see the $ prompt on the right side of the screen but nothing else happened, didn't ask me about busybox or testing. I let it sit there for over an hour but nothing happened, so I tried to use link2sd but it says I don't have root. Will try again... any advice for this particular roadblock?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom