• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TWRP] Best TWRP, must have

Cap'n just curious as to what diff is between your twrp and 'official' versions? Going to have to flash it now anyway, since EarlyMon prefers pointing folk your way
The only difference between mine and the official currently is that I use the stock exFAT module to support exFAT in recovery versus TWRP's exfat-fuse implementation. That helps to preserve data integrity when performing SD card operations, and allows AROMA File Manager to read the external SD card properly. That, and I use a custom splash screen made by PunchUp @ XDA.

None of those differences are significant, though. The standard TWRP works perfectly fine now.

I do also build the MultiROM version of TWRP, but that's available through the MultiROM Manager app on the Play Store so you really don't need my thread for that.

So it's really not a big deal if you use my TWRP or not, at this point. Occasionally I'll provide a test build with some additional features merged that haven't made it to the official yet, or some additional fixes, but that's infrequent lately since I've been very busy (and it hasn't been worth the effort).

To sum up, it's fine if you just use the official TWRP.

P.S. I'm the maintainer of the official TWRP for M8 ;).

Back
Top Bottom