• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK release date slipped again

LG have only ever committed to Q1 so maybe it's the retailers fault for hyping it up?

The real danger for me is as this date slipps it brings it closer to the expected release date for the Samsung Galaxy S 2. Although if this date is slipping I see no reason why the Samsung wont as well. :thinking:

Upvote 0
CPW Have told me that it won't be coming now until April.

Interestingly I notice today it has been removed from their Coming Soon page!

I know the guy told me that they have been receiving lot's of calls, so maybe why?

I call at least twice a week.

T-Mobile BTW have the Atrix listed as coming soon on their site in June.

Upvote 0
Looks like we're going to need a little more patience. I have just got off the phone with Expansys and delivery is.......................................... Wait for it......................... on or around the 30th march. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:mad:

NOOOOOOOO how can they torture us like this! They bought the date down to get our hopes up just so they could crush us D:, ok maybe not that extreme but still, not impressed.

Upvote 0
NOOOOOOOO how can they torture us like this! They bought the date down to get our hopes up just so they could crush us D:, ok maybe not that extreme but still, not impressed.

It's a cruel, cruel world cazman.:( I couldn't even be bothered to bitch the customer service guy.:( I'm just wearily resigned to waiting for another 9/10 days.:(

Trying to be "positive", It's a week or so extra the community at XDA Dev Forums have to trouble shoot.:)

Thinking about it, that's what LG might be doing (not with the UK delivery date. I reckon that was a cock-up) but with staggered release dates, maybe releasing it semi-early in one relatively small yet tech savvy region ie. the Netherlands and low countries. Letting the fanboy community crawl over it for a couple of weeks then rush out a quick bug fix update if needed?
It might even be related to the pilot LG "VIP Service" that's running in the Netherlands. Test driving LG's VIP service - xda-developers ?

Upvote 0
It's a cruel, cruel world cazman.:( I couldn't even be bothered to bitch the customer service guy.:( I'm just wearily resigned to waiting for another 9/10 days.:(

Trying to be "positive", It's a week or so extra the community at XDA Dev Forums have to trouble shoot.:)

Thinking about it, that's what LG might be doing (not with the UK delivery date. I reckon that was a cock-up) but with staggered release dates, maybe releasing it semi-early in one relatively small yet tech savvy region ie. the Netherlands and low countries. Letting the fanboy community crawl over it for a couple of weeks then rush out a quick bug fix update if needed?
It might even be related to the pilot LG "VIP Service" that's running in the Netherlands. Test driving LG's VIP service - xda-developers ?

Very true, that's a positive spin on it i guess, and also 9/10 days isn't too much to wait, im settled on the o2x now, the galaxy s2 has no say in it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones