• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ummm marshmallow for Sprint g stylo?!?!

Screenshot_2015-12-28-20-44-50.png
this is from T-Mobile site

You shouldn't take an ota while rooted, you'll just end up with a bootloop or worse, you'd have to go back to pure stock.

i have the metro pcs version so i won't books my breath. never ever ever have i bought a metro phone that received an update that brought it from one build version to the next (ie jellybeN to kitkat. kitkat to lollipop etc)

the only ones I've seen that happen with is the galaxy s series

Has anyone gotten the update yet on the Sprint, Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile LG G Stylo yet?

It would be in system cache when it gets downloaded right? I don't have one of the Stylo's getting it yet, just curious.

All good when one has the equipment to do so. I would need to transfer the downloaded file to another medium to share, not easy to do running a stock ROM.

What do you mean? Not sure I really follow, the actual uploading part or just making space on your phone?

There it's a script included in many ota updates to delete the file upon completion. I would need to upload the file from a partition not available for access without rooting the phone.

I use a Mac and that adds to the challenge of using scripts on a computer to grab the needed file(s).

Back
Top Bottom