• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ummm marshmallow for Sprint g stylo?!?!

Got this, this morning. Boost.
Have not installed as I'm rooted and not sure I want to try it yet. Need to hear from others if un-rooting is required, then how to do that. LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-04-09-45-12.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-04-09-45-12.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 113
I have received this also. I've installed it because I'm on stock (long story) due to just replacing the phone yesterday 1/3/16. I tried locating the downloaded file, but being stock I don't have the permissions needed to copy the file to my SD card for devs. If you're rooted, please upload the file so we can have a copy for devs to look at/into.

Last edited:
You replaced your phone brickhouse?? Whyif i May ask? Im waiting for a replacement through warranty myself but im on metropcs and i haven't received the update yet (and i just checked. Still nothing)

Can u take screenies any differences,??

I tried uploading the screen shot I took. For some reason I'm unable to complete that action. I've been running Marshmallow less than one hour and have noticed beter performance overall. The settings had a few minor changes - "Memory" has been added, "apps" has a cleaner interface, the "Easter Egg" is the same game interface with better graphics (including marshmallows on sticks instead of lollipops) game play and sensitivity. I'm still exploring the changes.

Last edited:
Have not installed as I'm rooted and not sure I want to try it yet. Need to hear from others if un-rooting is required, then how to do that. LOL
Yeah dude try to pull it, the ota snatcher app or look in /system/cache I believe. Also the update isn't out for metro or T-Mobile, only boost, sprint and Virgin

You replaced your phone brickhouse?? Whyif i May ask? Im waiting for a replacement through warranty myself but im on metropcs and i haven't received the update yet (and i just checked. Still nothing)

I've had the (pardon my language of you will) "luck of the dambed" with this phone, replaced several times for various reasons. But overall I'm satisfied with the phone.

I've had the (pardon my language of you will) "luck of the dambed" with this phone, replaced several times for various reasons. But overall I'm satisfied with the phone.
Great. ( sarcasm)

I just got this phone and Im Still waiting for a replacement through metro pcs warranty.

Mine has frequent restarts. Freezing and seems to act as if i hit the back button randomly even if Im not touching the screen

My significant other's phone works like a dream but she has the broken gps problem

Another intriguing change in the settings in the "Storage/USB" settings, the interface has been changed to use a drop down menu and you can now browse files directly in the "Storage settings window" and return to the same when done.

Dominic is putting the ZV7 file up soon. I don't recommend installing the OTA when you are rooted. You may be able to recover, but you will be nerve wracked until you do. I'd just wait to ask Dominic and he can definitely answer your question. I just un-rooted by loading the original ZV5 system on top of my root to un-root and clear it back to factory ZV5.
Un-root and un-brick-xda- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/official-boost-lg-g-stylo-unbrick-guide-t3215198

Dominic's xda topic- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/untouched-6-0-1-boost-sprint-t3285764

Good Luck!

Update is confirmed. I'm now running stock (Boost Mobil) Marshmallow. Better performance overall, a few changes in the "general" settings and the addition of a "Do not disturb" button on the quick menu (with notification drop-down) and the"Easter Egg" is the same game with better graphics, improved game play, and the lollipops have been changed to marshmallows on sticks.

Marshmallow was going to re introduce mandatory encryption. My Nexus 6 was encrypted with marshmallow. Google it

Marshmallow was going to re introduce mandatory encryption. My Nexus 6 was encrypted with marshmallow. Google it
OEM's do what they like with these updates though, auto encryption could just have been made optional like he's saying.
Edit: not even an OEM thing apparently

67a98c7b4fd2be6b965dd52678a6a9c5.jpg

Yeah, there is no clearcut list of who will have it on by default - other then Nexus devices. Also a factory reset , may enable it as an out-of-the box experience.

Yeah, there is no clearcut list of who will have it on by default - other then Nexus devices. Also a factory reset , may enable it as an out-of-the box experience.

Perhaps, I'm not eager to find out anytime soon. I think it's important for the individual to have a choice.

Got MM version 6 from Dominic on XDA. It is 6 as opposed to 6.0.1. I don't know the distinction, but I'm sure someone will make us aware. I put the update.zip in my sd and installed through recovery. It took some time to install, so if you try be patient. I'm on the VM version, same as Sprint and Boost. Good luck all! Will report if anything stands out. No root yet, that's all I really know.:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom