• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ummm marshmallow for Sprint g stylo?!?!

There is no kdz, only metro and T-Mobile have kdz files available, you'd have to have someone upload it for you if you didn't back it up beforehand.

when you guys get the update, i recommend getting rid of some bloat.

i used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sarangnamu.apk_extractor&hl=en (im not the developer, dont even know the dev, just followed a lead on the internet and found it) to find the package name for apps that i didnt think should be running, and wrote them all down. i will not provide a debloat list as everyone has different tastes.

once you have the name of the package you want to disable, use:

adb shell pm hide com.insertpackagename.here

to disable any package you want without the need for root on marshmallow. phone seems to be running a little better now after i went through the process. marshmallow is pretty amazing, and would be even better with root, but this will work for now.

That's the fourth mirror link but like someone on XDA said no such thing as too many mirrors lol you'll hear from someone who updated on Virgin soon enough....

Has anyone else have gotten the Marshmallow update? I still haven't received mines. I even checked my settings and nothing.. Been two weeks since the update got released. Anyone still waiting for their Marshmallow update? I'm getting pissed off. I do understand the update is rollout in stages, but damn.

Got my Stylo yesterday and it got MM update almost immediately after activation.
I read that opening the boost zone app and doing scan then on results click software update can initialize starting the update.

Been that long since the update has been up for anyone to download and manually update too. Can't expect much from OTA's man, its not a nexus we're dealing with here

Been that long since the update has been up for anyone to download and manually update too. Can't expect much from OTA's man, its not a nexus we're dealing with here

I tried to manually update to Marshmallow, but I had trouble downloading the zip File. So I haven't tried since..

Whatever browser you want. Then you'd boot to recovery and use the apply update from SD card option. You have a working stock recovery correct?

Has it been confirmed yet that Sprint, Boost and Virgin are all handing out the same exact update? Or at they slightly different?

I have Sprint update installed on his boost phone with no issue besides not being able to use SD card as internal despite hearing that some Sprint users can.

I haven't heard of anyone on any unrooted LG phone with Marshmallow that has Adoptive Storage. If you look at your build.prop and see the line --
ro.lge.adoptable_storage=false
then you know it's turned off. Without root we can't change it.
There still, without adoptive storage is the ability to move a few optional programs to sd but that stops around 6.75 GB full internal storage on Sprint/Boost/Virgin phones

I have tnt stock recovery. The G Style isn't rooted. Is Android File Boost safe to use? I'm using UC Browser
If you don't trust it don't download it, all I'm going to say is take two minutes to look at who uses it and what they've uploaded.

I haven't heard of anyone on any unrooted LG phone with Marshmallow that has Adoptive Storage. If you look at your build.prop and see the line --
There still, without adoptive storage is the ability to move a few optional programs to sd but that stops around 6.75 GB full internal storage on Sprint/Boost/Virgin phones

Oh durn! That was one of the reasons I would've upgraded to MM, along with better battery life while the phone sits idle. Guess I'll just back up the update.zip once I activate my G Stylo. (Should activate it on VM USA once I get the outer case on Friday from amazon.) If that option was marked true, I'd be perfectly happy without root for a while, as long as the expanded internal space is viewable on a PC.

Oh durn! That was one of the reasons I would've upgraded to MM, along with better battery life while the phone sits idle. Guess I'll just back up the update.zip once I activate my G Stylo. (Should activate it on VM USA once I get the outer case on Friday from amazon.) If that option was marked true, I'd be perfectly happy without root for a while, as long as the expanded internal space is viewable on a PC.
The real issues with adoptive storage seems to be the fact that when you choose it, your sd card becomes more permanent. It is formatted to ext4 and encrypted. The read writes increase causing the card to wear prematurely and you cannot read it outside your phone so when it dies that's it, you must restore original system and start over. I hope we get root on MM, if not soon, then I'm going drastic and researching a rollback to Lollipop. At least in LP with Link2sd you can take out your card and copy it and read it. Maybe with root we can use Link2sd, but the dev is MIA, since July. It's a mess, now I understand why it is disabled. Even the LG V10 forum guys are slaying Adoptive storage saying it's only useful for low-end phones to augment limited system ram( eprom/rom), cause you chew up your cards and then your stuck.

Back
Top Bottom