• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ummm marshmallow for Sprint g stylo?!?!

I went ahead and installed the update last night and right away I noticed that it fixed a few little bugs that my phone had.
My screen used to glitch every so often when i would unlock the screen with the screen knock, also when i tried to text on any app every now and then it would act as if i pressed the home button and exit me out of what ever i was doing.

I'm hoping that it fixes my (android os) eating up my data.
In my case the update improved the performance of the phone.

Good to see that updating to Marshmallow improved performance! :)

Still, there are things you can do to reduce your data from bloating too quickly. You could turn off auto sync all together, or disable it from select apps. I disable things like Google Books, and Google Music from auto sync. Those can be updated when I use them directly. I find that helps a lot in reducing bloat. In Gmail, I don't download attachments automatically when that updates in the background. I also use SD Maid to help remove leftover 'zombie' apk's, and other unnecessary data.

Has anyone tried the debloater app from the XDA forums on marshmallow yet? It works like a dream on kitkat and lollipop. While it doesn't remove anything (unless rooted), it stops the bloat from running or even appearing in the app drawer. Just a thought...

I have been trying to get CM 13.0 for the T-Mobile, Walmart Family Mobile, and Metro PC LG G Stylus. I have CM 13.0 where it will build using the source for the stock kernel from the update and the kernel used to build CM 12.1. But I can not get boot when I install the build. Now I am looking to see if the stock kernel needs secure boot disabled which I am sure it does. But I am also considering that I may need the init scripts from the official update. So I would like to ask if someone that has installed the update can pull the following files from their device. All files are in the root of the file system.

I need these files:
fstab.qcom
init.g4stylusn.rc
init.target.rc
init.qcom.rc
init.qcom.power.rc
init.qcom.usb.rc
init.qcom.bt.sh
uevented.qcom.rc

I would also like to ask if someone can pull the boot.img as well so I can unpack it and take a look at the ramdisk. I huge thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out with my request.

Back
Top Bottom