• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to Restore

phxfireguy

Sep 12, 2011
I just recieved a replacement Rezound from Verizon. I have unlocked via the excellent instructions provided by Scotty, and placed a back up file on the SD card while in recovery mode. When I attempt to restore the backup file I get an error. I have used this backup in the past on my previous Rezound which was unlocked S-ON, the same as this new phone. Any ideas?

I dont think that I have gotten Root access. I am showing unlocked, and tamper on the main Hboot screen. Below is listed my getvar all from fast boot.

C:\Android2>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.25.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 1.00.000.02
INFOserialno: HT1ALS202147
INFOimei: 990000337774683
INFOproduct: vigor
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PH9810000
INFOcidnum: VZW__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4017mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-b638f7f1
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.500s

Upvote 0
what error do you get? you may need to make a backup on the new phone,so amon creates a new folder for it. then physically move the backup from the original to the new folder,then attepmt the restore.

keep in mind,that you will need to fastboot boot recovery in order to avoid phyisically having to flash the boot image. :)

root access in the rom itself is not needed to make/restore backups in a custom recovery.

Reactions: phxfireguy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones