• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uneven metal on front of device

Blade of 3

Nov 19, 2013
Florida
I just activated my m8 and after messing with it for a while, I noticed that the metal around the front facting camera is lifted up a bit and uneven with the level of the screen. This is getting annoying when I swipe by it. I can press it down to be level but it just goes back. Does anyone else have this issue and do you think I could get a replacement because of this issue?

I just activated my M8 and after messing with it for a while, I noticed that the metal around the front facing camera is lifted up a bit and uneven with the level of the screen. This is getting annoying when I swipe by it. I can press it down to be level but it just goes back. Does anyone else have this issue and do you think I could get a replacement because of this issue?

NDFW4NnZd2Nu5TZH

hCUUuBpld2BbVpZP

(Images courtesy of iFixit, thanks.)

The piece that you are describing, like on the M7, I think is actually a piece of plastic that has been semi-metalized and painted to match the rest of the body. It is a cover that is held on by an adhesive (and possibly now a clip of some sort). It sounds like the adhesive/clip directly under the part is not doing its job fully and not holding the cover down flush all the way.
Heat can sometimes soften the adhesive and cause spontaneous lifting.

I think you should try to return it, as it sounds like it may have a manufacturing defect of sorts. But that ball is entirely in your court.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
NDFW4NnZd2Nu5TZH

hCUUuBpld2BbVpZP

(Images courtesy of iFixit, thanks.)

The piece that you are describing, like on the M7, I think is actually a piece of plastic that has been semi-metalized and painted to match the rest of the body. It is a cover that is held on by an adhesive (and possibly now a clip of some sort). It sounds like the adhesive/clip directly under the part is not doing its job fully and not holding the cover down flush all the way.
Heat can sometimes soften the adhesive and cause spontaneous lifting.

I think you should try to return it, as it sounds like it may have a manufacturing defect of sorts. But that ball is entirely in your court.

That sounds like what the issue is. Thank you. I guess I got one of the defects again.

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones