• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial AOSP Builds

THE CARBON

IT BOOTS

somcom fixed some stuff today, so I think he's mostly the one to blame for this development <3

wifi's still dead though, which is unfortunate.

Hopefully since Carbon's working, Slim will too. Slim didn't have the wifi issue from before. Build's running now.

EDIT: Android's logging is so incredibly helpful:
Code:
D/WifiService(  955): setWifiEnabled: true pid=2245, uid=1000
E/WifiStateMachine(  955): Failed to load driver
Guess who's on the same error :p
Lookie what I found

screenshotofwifi.png

Upvote 0
I have a question. I tried switching back to stock today because the 4.4.4 update is out and I have a back up from my stock rom that I had and I flashed it. But now it doesn't detect the update and tells me that my phone is up to date. How do I properly switch to stock? I googled it and they all give me a link to a zip but the link doesn't work.

Upvote 0
I have a question. I tried switching back to stock today because the 4.4.4 update is out and I have a back up from my stock rom that I had and I flashed it. But now it doesn't detect the update and tells me that my phone is up to date. How do I properly switch to stock? I googled it and they all give me a link to a zip but the link doesn't work.
What's your model number?

Upvote 0
Slimkat for the Peregrine works great. The initial boot took a while. The only thing I notice is that In About phone, there is no model number. It says unknown. Just sayin!

EDIT: After looking around the ROM more I found it un-rooted my phone :p I reflashed SuperSU and then opened the app in Slimkat. It asked to install a script to allow it to "survive" after flashing ROMS, I hit OK to install script and now I have root access.

But anyways thanks Shabby for the dope ass ROM! Works great.

Upvote 0
Slimkat for the Peregrine works great. The initial boot took a while. The only thing I notice is that In About phone, there is no model number. It says unknown. Just sayin!

EDIT: After looking around the ROM more I found it un-rooted my phone :p I reflashed SuperSU and then opened the app in Slimkat. It asked to install a script to allow it to "survive" after flashing ROMS, I hit OK to install script and now I have root access.

But anyways thanks Shabby for the dope ass ROM! Works great.
XDA has a bunch of Roms available.

Upvote 0
XDA has a bunch of Roms available.

I haven't found very many for the Moto G 4G specifically. I see a lot for the Moto G Falcon though.
How many are you saying because I only have 3 or so ROMs for the Peregrine.

Also to Shabby; The sound doesn't work on the SlimKat ROM. It took me all day to notice. Texting works but with no sound, calls don't seem to connect either or have sound in the earpiece. Any chance at working on a fix? I love this rom and getting awesome battery life. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
I haven't found very many for the Moto G 4G specifically. I see a lot for the Moto G Falcon though.
How many are you saying because I only have 3 or so ROMs for the Peregrine.

Also to Shabby; The sound doesn't work on the SlimKat ROM. It took me all day to notice. Texting works but with no sound, calls don't seem to connect either or have sound in the earpiece. Any chance at working on a fix? I love this rom and getting awesome battery life. Thanks :)

ive actually stopped development on the peregrine, somcom3x is teh device maintainer for yall now and is doing carbon/CM.

Reactions: hollow021
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones