• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unofficial AOSP Builds

It's all good. Honestly, I haven't seen anyone working on roms this fast before. It usually took days for my old phone's developer to do updates. You've done very good so far.

Actually you've been doing so great. I've never had a developer giving out updates this fast before. I thought CM was gonna take a while to be stable on my phone but right now it does everything I need it to do.

glad to hear it, somcom3x let me know gyroscope is a kernel level fix and needs to be toggled there. when i have soem time ill look into it. ill kick out a slimrom build if i get it working tomorrow. ill pick at this when i have some more time, lemme know of any more bugs and or why this isnt daily driver material yet :P

Actually, the sdcard isn't working :O I thought it was. music is working not sdcard. The rom you uploaded early as #8 had them both working, but it was the old kernel i think.

https://mega.co.nz/#!IB5WWYrD!3wLvz2A8yFWJb6LvATWHvYM47LqCrmerhAlleCtP0Q0

here is one with a modded init files following your suggestion, lemme know if it fixes sdcard :)

Woo! I contributed to something :D

And I don't suppose you could give me some idea of how the build differs to How To Build CyanogenMod Android for Motorola Moto G ("falcon") - CyanogenMod ? Specifically, how to I tell CM to pull your device tree?

EDIT: Derp, I need to read :P https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_motorola_peregrine/blob/cm-11.0/README.mkdn

https://mega.co.nz/#!lYRBmABa!u5P6gW5S1e_wsyNCxSLA3VJ3DTLPYzSLF1uYEQi2lu8 doesn't work but https://mega.co.nz/#!IB5WWYrD!3wLvz2A8yFWJb6LvATWHvYM47LqCrmerhAlleCtP0Q0 does.

In the broken one, Vold looks for fstab.qcom but there's only an fstab.peregrine

Code:
I/Vold    (  353): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up
E/Vold    (  353): failed to open /fstab.qcom
E/Vold    (  353): Error reading configuration (No such file or directory)... continuing anyways
I'm guessing this is a result of the stuff going on in https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/an...mmit/56ab27511c25ee30d8fe32160226a1e4f9f04001

I think the issue is that the kernel command line contains
Code:
androidboot.hardware=qcom
and this is what Android is using to determine the fstab. I think if you change it to peregrine in the new builds, it should work.

In the meantime, I'm cloning the kernel at the moment after a long day of repo syncing. Hopefully I'll be able to build myself soon :p

For anyone interested in building themselves, I've simplified the code retrieval process a great deal.

If you just put this in .repo/manifests/roomservice.xml, repo sync will pull all the custom repos and stuff as Shabbypenguin listed in his readme :)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote fetch="git://github.com/" name="peregrine" />
  <project name="Shabbypenguin/android_device_motorola_peregrine" path="device/motorola/peregrine" remote="peregrine" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="Shabbypenguin/android_device_motorola_msm8226-common" path="device/motorola/msm8226-common" remote="peregrine" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="Shabbypenguin/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226" path="kernel/motorola/msm8226" remote="peregrine" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="peregrine" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_qcom-common" path="device/motorola/qcom-common" remote="peregrine" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" path="hardware/qcom/fm" remote="peregrine" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf-new" path="hardware/qcom/display-caf-new" remote="peregrine" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-caf-new" path="hardware/qcom/media-caf-new" remote="peregrine" />
</manifest>

i changed it because it was freaking out claiming every other device was declaring fstab.qcom, but i changed it back and we shall see how it goes now. ive pushed it all back to fstab.qcom and ill update the readme with my local manifest

Okie dokie! I'm working on getting my own builds going. Had a few hours setback because Android won't build on pre-released versions of Mac (funny, I know) so I'm doing it on my Linux server after copying over the vendor shit extracted locally. So I should be able to be a bit more helpful soon...

for vendor im using themuppets stuff with that audio fix swapped out in msm8226 common blobs, somcom3x is gunna try out the peregrine one and lemme knwo if it fixes audio issues, he wants to switch to peregrine ril as well as he says it has better reception.

I just installed CM11 { cm-11-20140708-UNOFFICIAL-2037+0200-wingray } in my motorola xoom mz604. but i forgot to flash gapps-kk-20140606-signed. then i tried to flash this file later but i only get error. please help.

i use R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3_BigPart_selinux

I just installed CM11 { cm-11-20140708-UNOFFICIAL-2037+0200-wingray } in my motorola xoom mz604. but i forgot to flash gapps-kk-20140606-signed. then i tried to flash this file later but i only get error. please help.

i use R.A.H._TWRPv2.6.3_BigPart_selinux

well, try using this file on your moto g instead of your xoom

Do we still need to do the GPS dance of obtaining lock in stock rom before installing CM11 build? I durty flashed build #8 over build #6 last night and GPS was non-functional afterwards... restoring stock, obtaining GPS lock and flashing #8 resolved it.. so it seems like there are still some GPS issues to be resolved..

where going to stock and then back fixes gps tells me its a file that should get populated with cm but its not in /system, unfortunately i have no idea what that could be, i just merged in some changes from the gps.conf from stock so we will see if that fixes anything.

edit: #3 is up, lemme know if gps is working now as well as if there is an improvement with touch response. cant someone confirm headphones/miracast bugs are still there?

Back
Top Bottom