• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrevoked 3.22 error

Yathushan

Hi, I have followed all the steps that were provided on multiple forum. But it seems that everything I try results in the following message.

Internal Error: couldn't find misc

I have even used unrevoked 3.2.

This is the current spec on the bootloader on my phone:
BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.09.05.30_2

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
Thanks

Yeah it is fairly rare issue I think because I cannot find much on any of the forums like xda or this one. I have no idea on how to pursue it further so I am waiting on four different IRCs to see if have any chance of getting anywhere.

I googled that but I was unable to find the file. It would be much appreciated if someone could upload the file and post the link??

i saw on one of the links that it basically means you have a corrupt misc partition on the phone.
if that is the case the unrevoked crew say its a hardware issue.

arguably people have tried downgrading the hboot and had success in using unrevoked

Thanks for everything guys. It turns out that for some reason unrevoked does not support hboot 0.93 for the desire. Although it does work for some people it, it does not work for everyone. So, I ended up downgrading and then re flashing. I also think it might have something to do with my phone having an SLCD screen.
Thanks again.

indeed, its not hboot93 thats a problem at all.

as i said above its the misc partition thats damaged, by changing the hboot it can fix the misc partition hence why some people have had success

put it this way, the s-off hboot for desire is .93
also you are pvt1 which is the original build of desire, if it was a new pvt4 with 40000 erase size then that would explain it

Back
Top Bottom