• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrevoked

I read that there is a chance I could lose 4g rooting with this method, has this actually happened to anyone on here?

Personally, I've never read of anyone losing their wimax keys rooting....I've heard of people possibly losing them while flashing a ROM, but not while rooting. After you've obtained root, make a nandroid backup. That will also back up your wimax keys in case anything should happen. Welcome to the forum and know we're here to help if you should need it.

Upvote 0
thanks, I've been hesitating on it for that reason. I've been using Sprints hotspot on the evo and it keeps dropping signal for some reason. It's fine for browsing, but for games it really sucks. If I use one of the tethering apps after root do you know if they work better?

Upvote 0
That's always a possibility. Lots of things COULD happen. We say this cuz it is a possibility. The likelihood of it happening is rare. Most keys are lost while messing with radios and bootloader in abnormal ways. Even then a good back up can usually save you, plus we have our ways. I would have to say in all my posts I've only seen about 3 bricks and 2 lost keys and a back up would have saved them but they had not made one. I've never heard of any of these issues occurring due to the unrevoked process itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones