• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Available From Sprint

These are the known fixes so far, some according to other users, so not confirmed yet, but 99% sure

1. stereo headphones
2. messages come on time
3. 100% awake issue gone (for 99% of people)
4. apps are named correctly and have the correct picture
5. Added quick access mute and speaker phone buttons while in a call
6. updated android character while in a call
7. app search, hold down the search button while looking at your app list
8. Call on hold issue (according to another user)
9. Merged/Conference Calls work correctly now (according to another user)
10. Improvement to camera picture quality
11. DST issue addressed, "unable to receive SMS" due to "full memory" addressed
12. Memory Leak when BT is in connected state

Upvote 0
Does the screen now turn off when on a phone call?

My screen always turned off, I would advise to check the settings on your phone. Also, there is a light sensor on the phone, not sure if that is or can be used in conjunction with a call in progress to turn off screen. If not it would be a nice feature to add later, but liek I said, the screen has turned off for me.

On another note... hahaha, I'm cracking up, First day I was a little busy and not getting my fill, spending some time on the Forum here and what happens? The update is released, lol...

I'll be updating shortly... :)

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by sr1982
I updated my hero without a problem, however I am trying to update my wife's. It is on the Firmware Update screen and saying "Device is preparing your services. Please wait...." It has been doing this for about 15 minutes now

Same problem... nevermind.. problem solved.

edit: When I frist tried the update, i got called mid update (toward the start where this message came up).

I then tried to update and ran into the same problem.

I tried turning my phone off and on... did the update just fine. If you run into this situation, it is probably for the same reason I did. Just do what I did.

Upvote 0
What am i doin wrong i go to settings/about phone/system updates/firmware update. Nothing happens am i going to the right place. HELP!

same thing happens for me, ive been checking for the update all evening, and my phone reports that no updates are available. tried resetting, checking application development settings, still to no avail. This is really pissin me off

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones