• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update to 4.24.651.1 stock repeatedly failing

pb2

May 18, 2010
I have a non rooted HTC EVO 4G that I'm trying to perform an OTA update to 4.24.651.1. I successfully receive the download (Settings --> Update Software --> HTC software), download the update, and tell it to Install Now.

Phone reboots, starts updating (I see the green bar progress), but then gets stuck. After being stuck for a few seconds, I got the red triangle with an exclamation mark through it.

If I drop to the system recovery, I see:

E:unknown volume for path [/devlog]
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Checking data partition for free space...
Copying fotaBoot to /data/system for customize reload
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/HtcStreamPlayer.apk", "<some hex", "<some more hex>")
E:Error in /cache/OTA_Supersonic_4.24.651.1-4.22.651.2_releasegdo5cdn7ewowae72.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

I have a non rooted HTC EVO 4G that I'm trying to perform an OTA update to 4.24.651.1. I successfully receive the download (Settings --> Update Software --> HTC software), download the update, and tell it to Install Now.

Phone reboots, starts updating (I see the green bar progress), but then gets stuck. After being stuck for a few seconds, I got the red triangle with an exclamation mark through it.

If I drop to the system recovery, I see:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Checking data partition for free space...
Copying fotaBoot to /data/system for customize reload
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/HtcStreamPlayer.apk", "<some hex", "<some more hex>")
E:Error in /cache/OTA_Supersonic_4.24.651.1-4.22.651.2_releasegdo5cdn7ewowae72.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

check and see how much room you have on your phone. you might not have enough to install the ota.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones