• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root UPDATED *** 8-12-12 ***Rooted OTA (2.11.605.19) Files

When i go to CWM in Recovery I wipe the Dav cache and then go to

'install zip from sdcard' -> 'choose zip from sdcard' and pick the GBR_3.4.zip file

It then hangs at 'Installing update...' step for a few minutes and then says 'Install from sdcard complete.', but it does not install ICS. Any help?

I did not wipe my phone, just dav cache.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Upvote 0
This update fixed my GPS problem. The location had been showing as 1 - 2 miles off from actual. I installed the new radio but it did not help. In fact with out Verizon tower and Google assistance it didn't show my location at all. GPS fix and GPS Status could not get a fix and downloading my location didn't help.

Installing Ginger_BreadRock_V3.2_2.11.605.19 (bloated version) fixed it so now the first time I opened Google maps it quickly said accurate to 6 meters and it seemed to be correct.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have never posted a comment/question, but have used these forums for a while now. I am new to rooting even though I have had my HTC Thunderbolt for almost 2 years. I just received a new phone through my warranty and decided now is the time to see what I can really do with this phone.

I have a limited knowledge on rooting. My SD card (32gb) has been filling up over the year and a half of downloading apps, pics, music, ect. I would love to completely restore the SD card to factory setting in order to clean out the SD card (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY MUSIC) and then root the brand new phone I got in the mail. This way, I would have a clean and clear SD Card that contains only my music and put that into the brand new phone. Is this possible?

I am not new to the phone, just the world of rooting, and my main concern is losing any of my music collection I have made with this phone for the past year and a half. Can someone please point me in the right direction for this? I have no idea how to root it or what program to use.

I appreciate any help

Upvote 0
Now I am not TOTALLY new to this whole rooting thing, but the TB is much more complicated than my LG Ally was.

I have no cluee what the UU thing you guys are talking about or what you mean by ROMs and OTA. I did the All In One tool and did everything step by step, but once I had loaded the phone back up it was not rooted, only all my stuff gone. Like it rooted but didn't take or something. I tried using apps for root users but those said it wasn't rooted. I've tried doing the same thing over but the command console just says "Updating..." and keeps replacing the .bat file over and over. I'm going insane without wifi, this USB tether sucks... Please help?! :(

Upvote 0
Queen B - I know the app you used but I have not used it personally. When you look at your apps after the process is complete, does it havd busy box or superuser apps installed?

If not, install both of them from the market (free version is fine) and then see if it says you have root. If they install, also download root checker and see what it says...

Flarn - to answer your question, I was given a lot of storage to use it, I have no upload limit interms of size (at least for what I need it for) and i get a lot of what media fire offers for no charge so I went with it..

Upvote 0
been trying to get my thundrbolt to OTA since yesterday,and no luck yet :mad: i personally am very curious to see if it contains a new hboot.

jrocker,if i happen to get them before you do(or if your rooted with a revolutionary hard patched hboot and cant get it to boot) ill upload the OTApkg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones