• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
In September Verizon sent me an email with a $30 coupon for a 4G LTE phone. This was about six months after I was due for an upgrade so I guess they were getting impatient for me to upgrade. This $30 will basically cancel out the $30 upgrade fee. Good things come to those who wait, but they sure used to give better deals.

Upvote 0
When I was looking at the GS3 I called to ask a couple of questions and mentioned that I thought they should do away with the $30.00 loyalty discount and $30.00 upgrade fee as they just cancel each other out. I was told they could waive the upgrade fee. Cant hurt to ask the worse they can say is no.

Upvote 0
This upgrade fee is a real kick in the nuts. When I ordered the DNA I got a $30 discount but it was nullified by the $30 upgrade fee. Looks like the carriers reach enough customers that they feel its OK to feel urinate on them with impunity.

I think that's a little extreme, but I agree that the upgrade fee is annoying. I would prefer they add this cost into the plan. If it was spread out over the contract period it would amount to very little per month and not tick people off. Adding it on top at the time of purchase makes the phone price seem like false advertizing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones