• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] cwmr touch app

tsargent347

Has anyone tried the app in the market by unstable apps that suppose to install the cwmr touch? I was scrolling through the market n saw it n was courious if anynoe has tried it..its called cwmr touch installer.

I bought the Market version and it is great. No need for a PC or ADB commands and when you boot into it poor old eyes like mine can read the letters and the touch commands are much easier than the volumn buttons and power button to use. Small cost to help support the developer.

Bought and installed the paid Market version and it's great. Big improvement over the hypersensitive volume buttons, and for me, the hard to press power button (I have a case).

I was a little worried that I might get into a situation where I need to flash a backup or wipe data/cache, but this fancy recovery screen was unresponsive because the touchscreen, for whatever reason, doesn't respond to any touch input.

However, I just booted into recovery and found that the hardware buttons still function as before. :)

Bought and installed the paid Market version and it's great. Big improvement over the hypersensitive volume buttons, and for me, the hard to press power button (I have a case).

I was a little worried that I might get into a situation where I need to flash a backup or wipe data/cache, but this fancy recovery screen was unresponsive because the touchscreen, for whatever reason, doesn't respond to any touch input.

However, I just booted into recovery and found that the hardware buttons still function as before. :)

Yeah, you can navigate via volume rockers, soft-keys, and touch-screen actions.

Pretty sweet!

Cheers!

P.S. ask Steven about the version he's using ;) :).

I dug this out of that thread. You know we are going to ask. There may be other ways but the 1st time with this was fine.

1. Put recovery file in your android sdk tools folder.
2. Shift / right click select open command window here.
3. Battery pull.
4. Power button plus volume +/- button.
5. Connect to computer.
6. In command window type fastboot flash recovery cwm_touch_alpha1_toro.img
7. reboot hope i did not miss anything
grin3.png
The only thing different other than that is the file I used was "cwmr_touch_beta5_toro.img". Most likey later release?

I actually prefer the unstable apps version because it has a back button and an enter (or confirm) button. In Koush's version, I'd be too afraid of accidentally clicking something when I just meant to scroll, which happens fairly often to me in the browser or contacts. It would be much worse if it happened in CWM. :-(

Also, as others mentioned, the volume buttons still work in unstable apps version, and (ironically) I don't find that they overscroll the way they do in plain old CWM.

I installed this and it worked great at first, but now it wont boot to recovery. I get a red triangle with a "!". Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys.

Also, I hadn't installed CWMR yet, this was the first time.

Back
Top Bottom