• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] New radios!

For some reason, I've actually gotten the R for roaming a couple times since flashing the new radios but once I disable mobile data and enable it again, I get the normal 3g or 4g connection I should be getting

I get the R too, though in my case, it's probably because I'm through a Network Extender here at the house. I'll get a chance to check it more tomorrow morning when I leave for work. As long as it goes away when I hit service, I'm happy lol.

EDIT: Rebooted the extender, back to 3G. It must be late, can't believe it took me that long to realize it lol.

Interestingly enough, my handoffs DO seem ok, but I have had a few data drops randomly since pushing the new radios. I'll be standing somewhere, happily browsing. Out of nowhere, gray out, and no data for a minute or so. Gonna keep an eye on it and see..

Interestingly enough, my handoffs DO seem ok, but I have had a few data drops randomly since pushing the new radios. I'll be standing somewhere, happily browsing. Out of nowhere, gray out, and no data for a minute or so. Gonna keep an eye on it and see..

Haven't seen that, but did have an interesting one last night that I've seen before with the new radios.

I put my phone in airplane mode, and when I took it out a few hours later, I got no signal indication. Browser and all apps showed no connectivity. I fired up the WiFi (since 3G and LTE weren't doing anything) and instantly got blue bars for WiFi and 3G and LTE all at the same time.

It's like I had to show the cell radios that they were okay to come out and play.

I had that happen a couple times myself, or 4G falls to 3g... Smg

anyone know what would cause 4g to fall to 3g in the middle of use and/or while the phone is asleep with the new radios?

anyone know what would cause 4g to fall to 3g in the middle of use and/or while the phone is asleep with the new radios?

Been seeing this quite a bit also. Not convinced it wasn't in the 4.0.4 radios too, but for me, the only way I can get 4G back is by toggling to airplane mode or toggling LTE.

These new radios haven't been any improvement over previous radios for me. The phone is still a lot slower than my Wife's Rezound on handoffs to/from 4G. In fact a few times I have noticed the phone switching and getting stuck on 1X for a while in a strong 3G area. I never saw that with the previous radios. The phone doesn't hold 4G signal near as well as her Rezound either in the outside radius of LTE areas. I'm still seeing the phone randomly drop data connections too even when I'm in a strong signal area. I can be in the middle of downloading something and it will just drop data, then reconnect after a min or so :confused:.

So signal is the same as it's always been. Handoffs and data drops are about the same or worse. Not much has changed in all the previous baseband builds in my experience.

Go with a different radio?
The hardware for the radios suck for sure. But I notice it's not dropping 4G so much. I rarely use 4G anyways because it slays battery

Yeah I may just load a high clock kernel and crank it to the max and run 3g... I gotta ask about that before I do it tho

Back
Top Bottom