• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

While there are those who can get down with 'any ole universal dock' many of us actually want one specific to our phone that charges at the same time. I don't want to buy a whole bunch of stuff just to become Bob the Builder and do it myself.

I went and got mine at a Verizon store. I am loving it so far. I now own a galaxy note 2 and an iphone 5. We will see how much I like it over the iphone 5. The rep said I have until January 14th to return it since it's close to Christmas. NICE!!!!

I went and got mine at a Verizon store. I am loving it so far. I now own a galaxy note 2 and an iphone 5. We will see how much I like it over the iphone 5. The rep said I have until January 14th to return it since it's close to Christmas. NICE!!!!

My other phone return/buy says the 15th IIRC. I chatted with VZW today and I can return, pay restock, and buy another phone as much as I want to!

I just might pull the trigger here.

SO:
-----------
Saw a post about split screen being broken. Saw some other bloggers saying google wouldn't allow it to be split screen on the OEM sale, so we need an OTA.

Does split screen work or not? If not an OTA will take FOREVER with VZW.

i got to play with a verizon version tuesday at best buy and i Love it. im big into tech ( computers and phones ) so the quad core/ 2gb ram is just awesome!

ill be coming from my 3.5yr old droid X that is beat to Sh*t laggy, reboots, 2 huge black spots on the screen bla bla.

so i cant wait to pick mine up. its gonna be a long day at work tomorrow

My other phone return/buy says the 15th IIRC. I chatted with VZW today and I can return, pay restock, and buy another phone as much as I want to!

I just might pull the trigger here.

SO:
-----------
Saw a post about split screen being broken. Saw some other bloggers saying google wouldn't allow it to be split screen on the OEM sale, so we need an OTA.

Does split screen work or not? If not an OTA will take FOREVER with VZW.

Yep you are right it's the 15th.

And yes split screen works fine on mine.

I have 8 apps in my multiview bar, including super video which placed itself there when I installed it.
The dev added support for multiview on the 24th.

There has to be a way to do it.

I've been really trying to figure this out too. I would love to have the calculator app line up alongside the S-Note app so.

Also, I know you can make a pop-up S-note when you're in a call but does anyone know how to do it with an existing S-note?

got it anddd loving it! cant remember if i read this here or not but i remember reading something about how to remove alot of garbage and make the phone quicker when you first start using it. anyone remember seeing that here?? ill keep looking. but think it would be great to clear alot of garbage out first.

p.s. got the verizon white 16gb and verizon has pretty much no cases. got a good one at at&t store its a casemate white one and it was 38 bucks but works well

so you cant use multi view with EVERY app? only the ones on the side? I cant seem to get more apps to appear on the left side

The fact that super video added itself to the bar implies the apps have to be coded to support multiview, even though some have seen YouTube and/or chrome on other devices.
Of course there are hacks for rooted devices too.

Note to all new Note Owners.

Welcome :D
Got mine at lunch!!

Might have to take a sick day to learn everything...
Trust me, you may need a week or more. lol

There has to be a way to do it.
There is a way. over in xda, the devs have managed to get quite a few apps to be working in multi-view. Whether that method works on the Verizon version, i don't know. The same with mods listed on galaxynote2root.com.

Disclaimer: Some if not all of these are for different versions (Sprint, International, etc) I am only listing them to show that work is progressing on making multi-view have more apps and customized. Since xda has different sections (Sprint, Verizon, AT7T), you may need to look around.
Sources: XDA

List of apps that work with Multiview

Floating Multi-windows: Resizable/Movable - Almost all apps

Other mods that might be useful..
Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more

Cam Shutter sound

over at galaxynote2root.com there are a few also

Enable all apps for Multiview on Sprint , T-Mobile, International

TS

We don't have blocking mode. Why would they have removed that? To keep you sucking down data while asleep?

Wow you are right. It makes no sense. They actually try to get people off their network which is why we have the persistent wifi notification. The more I see that Verizon has crippled this device the more I want to return it.

Note to all new Note Owners.

Welcome :D
Trust me, you may need a week or more. lol

There is a way. over in xda, the devs have managed to get quite a few apps to be working in multi-view. Whether that method works on the Verizon version, i don't know. The same with mods listed on galaxynote2root.com.

Disclaimer: Some if not all of these are for different versions (Sprint, International, etc) I am only listing them to show that work is progressing on making multi-view have more apps and customized. Since xda has different sections (Sprint, Verizon, AT7T), you may need to look around.
Sources: XDA

List of apps that work with Multiview

Floating Multi-windows: Resizable/Movable - Almost all apps

Other mods that might be useful..
Power and Volume buttons as a shutter and more

Cam Shutter sound

over at galaxynote2root.com there are a few also

Enable all apps for Multiview on Sprint , T-Mobile, International

TS

Yeah but what we are saying here is we are missing stuff like youtube and other things that should already be in multi view.

uploadfromtaptalk1354252592397.jpg

Wow you are right. It makes no sense. They actually try to get people off their network which is why we have the persistent wifi notification. The more I see that Verizon has crippled this device the more I want to return it.

Yea I knew there had to be a reason they delayed it for so long. It was more than just wanting to market the DNA. But let's all be patient and have faith that the ROM community will bring us the features that Samsung advertised to us.

Back
Top Bottom