• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Sorry got mine around noon. Just been busy all day to come in here. Just in case this helps anyone. I was able to add my mom to my family plan and get the GN2 for $300 instead of $700 on her new line. Then transfered phone to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data and she kept her old phone which I only have to pay $10 a month for now.

Sorry got mine around noon. Just been busy all day to come in here. Just in case this helps anyone. I was able to add my mom to my family plan and get the GN2 for $300 instead of $700 on her new line. Then transfered phone to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data and she kept her old phone which I only have to pay $10 a month for now.

This was already mentioned earlier that it could be done.

I'm almost certain I'm going with the Note2 vs the DNA, but just wait a few seconds and I'll flip flop again :)

Hopefully the local store as a few left, I dont want to wait for the mail man :D

When I got home yesterday I was too tired for a I got mine post lol. Thanks scandal! It was a rough couple weeks hahaha! My Mercury cases fit great too Def loving it.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change my icons on the lock screen. I use gmail not that default email they have? :)

There's so much to learn on this phone I need a whole week to learn everything lol

When I got home yesterday I was too tired for a I got mine post lol. Thanks scandal! It was a rough couple weeks hahaha! My Mercury cases fit great too Def loving it.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change my icons on the lock screen. I use gmail not that default email they have? :)

There's so much to learn on this phone I need a whole week to learn everything lol

I unfortunately couldn't find a way, so I reinstalled Widget Locker. If there is a way though, without Widget Locker, KilO would be very happy to hear it.

So mine was delivered at 1:58 yesterday and I had to suffer through the rest of the work day. I actually woke up feeling kinda sick but I was aces by day end. Didn't realize that the Mercury case I got is manufactured in NYC, so it was sitting on TOP of the FedEx package at the hotel when I got back. On top of that my 2 coworkers were ready to leave at 4:30 wee!

Tore into everything, was kinda sad to see no earbuds but oh well. On the Titanium Grey model the button branding isn't AS noticeable as on the white ones. Took my SIM out from my Galaxy Nexus, luckily it's the same. (The LTE SIM on the Bionic was different than my galaxy nexus so I had to go to a VZW store the day I got that to get a new SIM, luckily it seems they've settled on this microsim for some time now) All I had to do was slide it in, power it on and I was set up within minutes!

Played around with it a good deal, set about 80 of the most important apps to install (my last phone has 498 AHHHHHH!) and let it do it's thing. Took a quick hour nap and played some more. Had dinner and played some more lol. By 2am battery was down to 17%. I'm doing a light usage day today, unplugged at 7:45 am and 10:41 I'm at 92% That's a VERY good initial sign.

Case fits amazingly, and isn't hard to get off. Everything is so fast and snappy. Haven't really dug TOO much into S-Pen stuff yet but S-Voice is much better than I thought it was for voice dictation and automating actions

No earbuds?

When i got my package (Sprint), and opened it up, it also did not look like there were any earbuds, but they were underneath along with the wall charger.

Are you on Verizon? has anyone else gotten earbuds in their verizon Notes?

TS

As far as the ear buds go, no biggie. Klipsche makes a great set that sounds much better. I have two setsanyways from my Gnex and SIII.

That' how i feel about you guys with your sim cards, and the Sprint version having it embedded. :(

TS

I was had man. I had had to drive to a VZW store because mine didn't come with a SIM card like the account representative said it would. I was popping my head out of the door looking for the attractive FedEx lady every 5 min like Glenn Quagmire and when I got the phone, I couldn't use it! Then I had to wait 30 min at VZW just to get one!

LAME!

Plus the insurance is $8.99/mo apparently since this is a "phablet", but they let me keep my grandfathered Asurion package which is a smidge over $5 /mo.

I was had man. I had had to drive to a VZW store because mine didn't come with a SIM card like the account representative said it would. I was popping my head out of the door looking for the attractive FedEx lady every 5 min like Glenn Quagmire and when I got the phone, I couldn't use it! Then I had to wait 30 min at VZW just to get one!

LAME!

Plus the insurance is $8.99/mo apparently since this is a "phablet", but they let me keep my grandfathered Asurion package which is a smidge over $5 /mo.

Identical experience here even with the Asurion!

I know this is the pre-order thread, BUT, I picked up the GN2 for my gf yesterday at BB. After seeing the promo that walmart was advertising I went back to BB and showed it to them. Walmart is giving a $100 eGiftCard upon purchase of any android phone.

So the Mobile Manager at BB was giving me a hard time, went as far as reading the fine print, finally he gave up and issued me a $150 BB gift card. The extra $50 is for taxes apparently? beats me. I took it and ran, lol.

So if anyone pourchased at BB, print this out Electronics: Cell Phones with Plans Search and bring it in. whether you get $100 or $150 is up to the Mobile Manager

I just returned my N2.
I had a long talk with V about switching the unlimited on my wife's razr max with my N2 which became 2gig after upgrading my DX

They said the only way I could do it was to return the phone, order a new one using the upgrade from another line (mother in-law) and activating the phone on my line when it comes. This way both my wife's Razr and my N2 will have unlimited.

Sounds counterproductive to return a perfectly good phone that they will have to sell as a referbished or exchange instead of just switching it up electronically...but in the end it's worth waiting a couple of more days to get my unlimited back.

After playing around with the N2 and seeing how great netflix looks on this phone, I'm sure that I'll need the unlimited!

I know this is the pre-order thread, BUT, I picked up the GN2 for my gf yesterday at BB. After seeing the promo that walmart was advertising I went back to BB and showed it to them. Walmart is giving a $100 eGiftCard upon purchase of any android phone.

So the Mobile Manager at BB was giving me a hard time, went as far as reading the fine print, finally he gave up and issued me a $150 BB gift card. The extra $50 is for taxes apparently? beats me. I took it and ran, lol.

So if anyone pourchased at BB, print this out Electronics: Cell Phones with Plans Search and bring it in. whether you get $100 or $150 is up to the Mobile Manager

Don't both sell for $100 higher than VZW? Or are you talking about a contract renewal over outright buying it?

Back
Top Bottom