• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

so I'm running this ROM and the Thirdeye Theme. is there a way for me to get to the toggles from the pull down notification bar without having to hit the "sliders" icon?

currently I need to slide down the 'windowshade' and hit the sliders button to get to all the toggles. is there I way to just get to them from sliding down directly?

I'm not sure if this is a ROM issue or a hardware issue as I just realized what was happening today after noticing it a week ago. I have been running AOKP Milestone 2 during that time. When I check my VZW voicemail while using speakerphone, the password is not recognized. If I use the earpiece instead of the speaker, the password works fine. Can anyone else test this to see if this is something unusual happening to just me or a bug with AOKP?

I have been using Google voice since it was available so I can't test per se. Are you saying when on speaker phone no key presses are registered? Does this happen for any call (like customer support for cable, telephone, etc..) or just Vzw voicemail?

Sent from my GN

so I'm running this ROM and the Thirdeye Theme. is there a way for me to get to the toggles from the pull down notification bar without having to hit the "sliders" icon?

currently I need to slide down the 'windowshade' and hit the sliders button to get to all the toggles. is there I way to just get to them from sliding down directly?

Settings > rom control> status bar general > uncheck autohide toggles

Sent from my GN

I have been using Google voice since it was available so I can't test per se. Are you saying when on speaker phone no key presses are registered? Does this happen for any call (like customer support for cable, telephone, etc..) or just Vzw voicemail?
I'd have to test other situations. I just know that the other night when using speakerphone, I couldn't access my voicemail and I was going nuts. Then later that night I tried again and it worked (but I didn't make the connection with the speakerphone). Then today when I tried the speakerphone again, it occurred to me that perhaps that was the problem and sure enough, when I turned of the speaker (same call) the tones were recognized.

P.S. I just tried calling Time Warner to test the theory and a real person answered. He laughed when I told him I was actually TRYING to get a robot. I have no idea who to call as I've never TRIED to get the robot receptionist before!

I'd have to test other situations. I just know that the other night when using speakerphone, I couldn't access my voicemail and I was going nuts. Then later that night I tried again and it worked (but I didn't make the connection with the speakerphone). Then today when I tried the speakerphone again, it occurred to me that perhaps that was the problem and sure enough, when I turned of the speaker (same call) the tones were recognized.

P.S. I just tried calling Time Warner to test the theory and a real person answered. He laughed when I told him I was actually TRYING to get a robot. I have no idea who to call as I've never TRIED to get the robot receptionist before!

Lol!

Try att or vzw they are robot'd :p

Sent from my GN

I'm now on 21 with Sonny's Onyx. Franco 13.1 UV 920 Max and 350 Min.

Quoting myself for reference. I'm at 11% and 21 hours, 27 minutes and 4 hours 52 minutes of screen time. I was asleep with sync off for about 5 hours. And I am on wifi at a hotel.

I am on b21, lean 1.7.4 stable, nova w/ blue ring mod

flashed back to stock framework...was fun to look at but buggy

i will flash it later when it is more stable

Quoting myself for reference. I'm at 11% and 21 hours, 27 minutes and 4 hours 52 minutes of screen time. I was asleep with sync off for about 5 hours. And I am on wifi at a hotel.

Oh my word seriously? That is AWEsome! That screen on time is sick I love it. I'm running 13.1 at the same settings I mentioned to you and so far I've got over 3 hrs screen on time 50/50 Wi-Fi/4G and 44% left woot. :D

Oh my word seriously? That is AWEsome! That screen on time is sick I love it. I'm running 13.1 at the same settings I mentioned to you and so far I've got over 3 hrs screen on time 50/50 Wi-Fi/4G and 44% left woot. :D

I'm waiting to catch it at 1% to screen shot. I can't wait to see how it does on a workday.

Yours sounds like its on an awesome track too!!

I'm waiting to catch it at 1% to screen shot. I can't wait to see how it does on a workday.

Yours sounds like its on an awesome track too!!

It takes a while from 10% on down I had to really hit it hard to get it to drain once down that low. It's a good thing though! Glad you're enjoying fantastical battery life. :)

This is really weird! En serio?

So it's trying to dnld AOKP ROM 21? So is this happening through the browser? What site if so? Are you sure it's not a market app update of some kind?

The phone will get warm in a -120db situation where it is fighting to get a signal. Also, when it does get warm, check your manage apps screen and see what it running. It could be a rogue app as well.

It wasn't through the browser, it was exactly like a market update for an app but the download was named AOKP toro build 21_1, then 21_2, then 21_3. Then it stopped and I haven't seen it since.

I haven't had any more trouble with the phone heating up like that since we checked out early this morning, so I'll assume it was the signal.

It wasn't through the browser, it was exactly like a market update for an app but the download was named AOKP toro build 21_1, then 21_2, then 21_3. Then it stopped and I haven't seen it since.

I haven't had any more trouble with the phone heating up like that since we checked out early this morning, so I'll assume it was the signal.

It gets named like that when you hit download and it fails and then you try again

Here it is:

msOYI.jpg

I1qN4.jpg

kB93S.jpg

That looks great BB. I remember trying to get my phone to completely shut off one day and the last 2% took at least an hour or two. I had it on 100% brightness, was watching an HD video from HBO go, and had screen off set to like infinity or something.

Now do you think it's the rom or the kernel? Just asking because I flashed Liquid yesterday and it has Imo 1.7.1 exp 230 built in. If any of you are in the mood to flash today I'd say nandroid and go for it. It's very fast and has rom control from Roman built in.

That looks great BB. I remember trying to get my phone to completely shut off one day and the last 2% took at least an hour or two. I had it on 100% brightness, was watching an HD video from HBO go, and had screen off set to like infinity or something.

Now do you think it's the rom or the kernel? Just asking because I flashed Liquid yesterday and it has Imo 1.7.1 exp 230 built in. If any of you are in the mood to flash today I'd say nandroid and go for it. It's very fast and has rom control from Roman built in.

Honestly, I'd say its both

I've been tempted to try the Trinity kernel...but that one post that said "so so screen on time" I was like nope not chancing it till I see some stats :D

Back
Top Bottom