• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][AOSP]LiQUIDSMOOTH-v1.1-FiNAL Updated 3/12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try changing zip to apk and install that should work.

As for battery drain it may take a few days to build up cache and for the kernel to "settle"

No problem. I am not sure why some devs rename the apk files but generally if you are downloading one and it is a zip you can change the extension to apk and it will install ;)

Im a noob!
How did you rename it and install it? HELP please! lol :)

I used ES file explorer, went to the download folder, clicked select, then selected the .zip, hit menu, then clicked operations and then rename, changed it from .zip to .apk, then installed it.

I love this Rom. Much better battery life than what I had before I rooted. Also really enjoy the full screen. I had a problem with my ringtones not setting but now they all appear to be working great

Just switched from AOKP to this. I have to say, I loved AOKP, but this has all the features and is somehow even smoother and even better on battery life. I'm sold! (at least until the ROM flashing itch strikes again :D)

If im on v1.0 how do i upgrade to 1.1? Just dl the 2 files, go into cwm via rom manager, then wipe data/cache and flash the 1.1 file and then the extras, then reboot?

I rooted for the first time last week and installed 4.0.4 ...liked it, but there were a few bugs so i went back to 4.0.2...

Now i start reading stuff like this thread and I can foresee the future...obsessing with different ROMS all the time..

How much better battery life does this Liquid ROM provide?

WHat other improvements?

If im on v1.0 how do i upgrade to 1.1? Just dl the 2 files, go into cwm via rom manager, then wipe data/cache and flash the 1.1 file and then the extras, then reboot?
The way I always do it is to go into recovery and not use RM for flashing roms. I use it for other things like backing up but not flashing full roms. So in recovery I go to mounts and storage and then format system, then format cache, back out go to advanced, wipe dalvik. Then install rom, install the new extras then reboot. Naturally, this is all after you do a full nandroid backup.

Understand this is only from version to version of the same rom. If you're coming from another rom this won't work.

As for battery life, it depends on if you're on 4G, 3G or wifi most of the time. All things equal I get the best life on this extremely slim rom.

alright installed it..Seems decent, google is updating everything in the backround so that is slowing things down at the moment.

First things first..

Love the fact i can have battery percentage instead of a battery!, just like i was using on iphones for the last 5yrs.

Can i get rid of that boot logo and go back to the stock one?

I hope you updated to 1.1 this morning.

Whoops! I didn't, no. I'm downloading now. Is a full wipe required? Or can I get away with a cache and dalvik cache wipe?

Can someone update the OP with v1.1?

Yep, just disable boot animation in liquid settings. (interface-general)

But that won't get you the stock animation, but a different (more boring one). If you want the stock animation, you'll have to flash it again. The link to the optimized animation is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?we48e2xsx27y2x8

Sorry Roosevelt, you are correct. But how would I know since I flashed your ani months ago and haven't seen anything else for any length of time since. I can dropbox it for you if you need. Lol

Any time you change the color of something you need to first hit set, then tap the color to apply it.

Head on over to #liquids on freenode for quick answers to questions like this. Liquid is on there now but he goes afk often.

I was at 30% went i went to sleep and after 6.5 hrs it was at 98%....THAT slowly? lol

Actually, what you saw was the battery discharging like it should. If you pulled it off the charger and put it back on the charger, it would have charged up to 100%, then started dropping again. Usually starts charging in the 95% range...

I've tried a few versions of Codename and the AOKP Build 27 so far. So far, I'm liking the Liquid ROM the best. After getting everything set up, it is very smooth, and battery life has been noticeably better than on the Codename and AOKP. It also has all of the customization available that I was using in AOKP. It looks like I'll be sticking with this one for a while.

And 1.2 is just around the corner. Team Liquid doesn't quit. I haven't flashed anything else in quite a while. No reason.

I am fairly new to the whole custom from thing but I do love this one. Is teathering included in this rom? Also I haven't updated from v1.0 and I was wondering if its worth it to go to 1.1 and do I have to do a complete wipe and start from scratch to do it? Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom