• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]Stock, Rooted IMM30B 4.0.4

William T Riker

Android Enthusiast
Haven't seen this posted here yet, so thought I would throw up a link to a stock, deodexed, rooted, 4.0.4 ROM for those looking for one by craigacgomez.

Screenshot_2012-02-07-02-49-36.png
Screenshot_2012-02-07-02-51-18.png
Screenshot_2012-02-07-02-50-47.png

This is the one I am using and haven't experienced any issues with it - everything works (wallet, etc.), and among other things the Android OS reporting bug is gone as well as other features such as newer radios and bootloader. Enjoy!

flashed 404 stock upgrade.. flashing this rom now. I'll miss the gadgets of the current 403 roms. I'm sure they'll catch up soon with roms and kernals.

The good thing is that I can flash back to my 403 nandroids, keeping the new radio. :D Couldn't do that with the DX, right VS? ;)

Edit: I can't stand the lack features so I'm back on milestone 3 with teh 404 radio.

Personally, there's no way I could go back now coming from 4.0.2 - one of my biggest gripes about the phone was the Android OS bug, it was literally eating about 40-50% of my battery fighting with the screen for #1 on my stats.. now its gone good riddance to it. Phone Idle and cell standby have been up top now just like on my other Android devices.

Not to mention pushing the apps button its pretty much instant now compared to the lag there was before when pushing it.. my issues with my set are pretty much nil now :D

My current cycle forgive the drop off I was in clockwork backing up and doing other stuff:
Screenshot_2012-02-06-21-38-44.png

Personally, there's no way I could go back now coming from 4.0.2 - one of my biggest gripes about the phone was the Android OS bug, it was literally eating about 40-50% of my battery fighting with the screen for #1 on my stats.. now its gone good riddance to it. Phone Idle and cell standby have been up top now just like on my other Android devices.

Not to mention pushing the apps button its pretty much instant now compared to the lag there was before when pushing it.. my issues with my set are pretty much nil now :D

My current cycle forgive the drop off I was in clockwork backing up and doing other stuff:
Screenshot_2012-02-06-21-38-44.png

Had to quote that SS! WoW! That is huge just seeing that AndroidOS sitting at the bottom of the pile like that on our GN. The way it was supposed to be... hard to believe it was overlooked.

A lot of happy people when this drops official. A lot of happy people right now that root. A lot of pissed off people that returned their GN :p

flashed 404 stock upgrade.. flashing this rom now. I'll miss the gadgets of the current 403 roms. I'm sure they'll catch up soon with roms and kernals.

The good thing is that I can flash back to my 403 nandroids, keeping the new radio. :D Couldn't do that with the DX, right VS? ;)

Edit: I can't stand the lack features so I'm back on milestone 3 with teh 404 radio.

You are a true addict indeed! You didn't even give it a chance :D

Like Steven said, I love all the add-ons with AOKP, but I'll flash the radios/bootloader. I assume just a cache/Dalvik wipe is sufficient for just radios?

Been running this since Sunday morning when it popped up on xda. Definitely agree that it is nice to see Android OS not sitting at the top or even second in the list. Some said was just a bug in the battery stats but I disagree. On my phone, when Android OS was at it's worse, it was 50% of my battery drain overnight on my nightstand and my phone dropped 45% in that time.

Multitask button is also much less laggy. I can still lag it if I let the list get too long, but with up to 10 apps in the list it remains responsive, which wasn't the case on 4.0.2 or 4.0.3.

The landscape keyboard lag with spelling correction is also fixed (that may have been fixed in 4.0.3, idk) as is the menu button showing on the lockscreen (which also may have been fixed in 4.0.3 too, idk).

Last of my impressions, this one was an immediate observation, the phone is MUCH snappier. No lag in my app drawer now.

Im thinking of trying it.

What is the best way to get back to stock?

Thanksl

Stock ROM or what you're running right now? If the latter then make a nandroid before flashing and you can restore it.

If you're speaking of the radio then they are here

You can flash any radio you want to try. Just don't flash the same radio atop one another.

Stock ROM or what you're running right now? If the latter then make a nandroid before flashing and you can restore it.

If you're speaking of the radio then they are here

You can flash any radio you want to try. Just don't flash the same radio atop one another.

Im on CNA at the moment.

Thinking of going back to total Stock ROM. As if you just bought the device today at VZW or wherever.

Ahh okay then I would use wugfresh's tool for that. It's super easy!

Wait what?

Linky please? :eek:

EDIT: Never mind. Google is your friend. Just flashed back to stock. Now to re-root and try this stock rom out. Did not think I was going here, but yup, here I am.

William, are you using the stock kernel with this rom or what? Just downloaded it. About to flash it here in a few minutes.

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, looks like you are.

Just flashed this one. Been stock 4.0.2 since launch day. I am hoping to see some improvements when I get to 4G land at work tomorrow. If I get 4G at my desk, it will be a very good day...

Just flashed this one. Been stock 4.0.2 since launch day. I am hoping to see some improvements when I get to 4G land at work tomorrow. If I get 4G at my desk, it will be a very good day...

Here's to hoping for you. gl and let us know!

I have not used my phone much today, so light usage. Signal (I think) is better. Battery life is pretty bad. Android OS is up top, most likely due to lack of use.

Its a lot better than stock 4.0.2 but still not very polished yet. Improvement? Yes.

Awesome sauce?

No.

May end up flashing back to something else 4.0.3 related if time allows.

I have not used my phone much today, so light usage. Signal (I think) is better. Battery life is pretty bad. Android OS is up top, most likely due to lack of use.

Its a lot better than stock 4.0.2 but still not very polished yet. Improvement? Yes.

Awesome sauce?

No.

May end up flashing back to something else 4.0.3 related if time allows.

Give it a charge cycle you won't see the full potential of its battery life until you do.

After flashing the updated bootloader and radios and seeing better reception overall, I still wasn't happy with AOKP. Don't get me wrong as it is an excellent ROM and the only one worth running, for me, right now.

So I flashed this "ROM" and after three battery cycles, using Franco's 16 and now 16.1, francoTurtle, with Dynamic Hot Plug and 700/1000 I could not be happier with Stock Android!

It's not that the reporting bug was fixed in terms of what it reported but that the phone is actually sleeping. I am back to using Auto-Brightness as well. I got 17hrs (moderate to heavy usage) yesterday with 3.75hrs screen time after charging twice with Franco's 16. I flashed 16.1 last night and will try for better time over the next day or two.

What am I missing??? My toggles mostly. ICS blur nav bar buttons and some other tweaks I suppose. Nothing deal breaking though. Might flash something to change my nav bar but I am kinda digging being back on stock.

And did I mention...?

It is my gut belief that the 4.0.4 radios are working best on Android 4.0.4. I ran the .4 radios with AOKP and saw improvement...then I flashed this ROM and saw what I call:

RADIO BUTTER! For me it is worth not having all the tweaks for RADIO BUTTER!

My 2¢

Back
Top Bottom