• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizons offer to switch from eris

From my experience (and a good friend of mine who had the same issues and has her incredible already) I didnt get anywhere until calling tech support. And ask for a manager if you dont get anywhere with the first person. It works a lot better if you escalate from one call. If you get to management and they refuse ask them how much your cancellation fee is. I said something along the lines of "Well, then I am sorry but I will be leaving Verizon as soon as I can get my number ported. Its nothing personal, but I have been a long time customer and I pay on time and up til the last week I have loved my service from Verizon and recommend you all the time. However if this problem cannot be fixed then I will be forced to leave". I was very calm and respectful the whole time and she said she would make an exception. I do have to wait for 2nd day delivery though.

LOL if someone told me "Well I havent had any problems" I would have told him to send me his phone then and we can trade and he can suffer.

Good luck!! Just stay calm and firm and you should get somewhere eventually. It didnt come to me without work. I think I called them 6 times since last week. The last call took me over an hour.

Awesome thanks for the advice. I hope either the new eris I get on Thursday works. Or I'm gonna take the advice and call Thursday afternoon. So I'll keep my fingers crossed, either way.

i called verizon today and all i had to say is i hate my phone and they offered me a brand new phone at the discounted price. i guess they must know how bad the droid eris is!

But how bad was the discounted price they wanted 280 or so for a MOTO Droid and it would be a refurbished phone. I mean I guess I wouldn't mind paying like $30 but anymore than that I don't think I should have to pay.

I never experienced the silent bug thing on any of my htc devices

Eris, Hero, Incredible or Evo

but yeah motorola droid is probably your best bet...

I finally had the opportunity to play with a devour and while it looks better than the droid overall its heavy and just lame

Back
Top Bottom