• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VZW Preorder Question

It said in small print that all orders placed before 4pm pst on the 28th will get them on the 29th so i highly doubt anyone will get one before that day.

...you will not be productive several days before the 29th.

Do you think VZW wants to wait until the last minute to mail all those parcels to people? They will probably mail them with USPS so they won't get to the customers as fast as when they are mailed with FedEX.

More on this in a couple of days...

they will ship it out to you on the 28th overnight so you have it the 29. i talked to a vzw rep today he had also said he could allow me to order it today but i am going to wait on ordering it till the 27th 28th. reason, i am going to see if i can get a walmart employee to sell it to me on the 27th or 28th if not then i will order it since ups/fedex comes to my work at 8am with there shipments. so i will have it before the people waiting in line at the local vzw store

I'm new here but don't hold that against me,

Verizon when they ship a phone always include a return shipping label in the FedEX express box

you do NOT pay for return shipping, and there return policy is 30 days from date of activation, hopefully this clears that up a little
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I never ordered a phone from VZN so I never knew that--accessories never came with pre-paid so I inferred off that.

My million dollar question - how do I get an unlocked one sent to Australia? Hopefully it's a question that will be cleared up pending an official announcement on the 19th by the way things are panning out.

My million dollar question - how do I get an unlocked one sent to Australia? Hopefully it's a question that will be cleared up pending an official announcement on the 19th by the way things are panning out.
Does Australia still use CDMA? I thought it was all GSM now--in that case the Droid Incredible will not be an option. And to get Verizon to unlock a phone will take the entire family of gods on Mt. Olympus to achieve.

If anyone experiences being able to preorder via a CSR or in store, please post here and let us know. I am being told that I can't do the preorder with the annual upgrade, so if anyone does it differently please let me know!!!

Take this with a grain of salt please. I just spoke to a Verizon CSR and she clearly stated to me that pre-orders will ship on the RELEASE DATE of the 29th and ship via FedEx 2day. She stated that it would be better to go directly to the local brick & mortar and take my chances.

Take this with a grain of salt please. I just spoke to a Verizon CSR and she clearly stated to me that pre-orders will ship on the RELEASE DATE of the 29th and ship via FedEx 2day. She stated that it would be better to go directly to the local brick & mortar and take my chances.

She is misinformed.... This is taken straight from the Verizon email sent by them after signing up for the preorder email.

Pre-orders placed online before 4pm local time on 4/28 will be delivered 4/29

She is misinformed.... This is taken straight from the Verizon email sent by them after signing up for the preorder email.

Pre-orders placed online before 4pm local time on 4/28 will be delivered 4/29

Roger that, I got the same from the email. I called CS more to find out if my early upgrade (POS BB Storm now) will apply (it will :D). As an afterthought I asked about a shipping date. Like I said, take it for what it's worth. I've seen some posters claim to be Big Red employees, hoping they would chime in with some clarification.

I think I am stupid. I got all excited to do a pre-order of this bad boy, and I was just told by a CSR that I won't be able to preorder it for the two year pricing because I am on the annual upgrade. Since it's online pre-order only, I would have to pay full retail price for this.

I will have to wait and try my chances at the stores on Launch day. Or, I have to wait to call in on launch day to get the yearly pricing and have it shipped and get it the next day.

Damn... :(

My annual upgrade date is 4/23, so if I pre-order after that date will it go through as an upgrade or are you saying that you can't pre-order w/ annual upgrade at all?

My annual upgrade date is 4/23, so if I pre-order after that date will it go through as an upgrade or are you saying that you can't pre-order w/ annual upgrade at all?

I was told by a CSR that you can't preorder online with the annual upgrade, just NE2, new contract or full retail. I would have to wait until 4/29 to get the annual pricing through them or the store. Not sure of the accuracy of that but that's what I was told...

Do you think VZW wants to wait until the last minute to mail all those parcels to people? They will probably mail them with USPS so they won't get to the customers as fast as when they are mailed with FedEX.

More on this in a couple of days...

They may not wait until the last minute to ship them out, however they can dictate a delivery date for a package. Apple did it recently via UPS for the iPad. Shipments started on Monday/Tuesday but could not be delivered until Saturday.

Second, Verizon would NEVER send anything via USPS. The USPS lacks the quality control that UPS and FedEx have. Hell I don't even send packages via USPS anymore. They have a contract rate worked out with FedEx (like many major companies do) and they will ship them 2 Day/Overnight to make the 29th release date.

Can't wait for this phone!

I was told by a CSR that you can't preorder online with the annual upgrade, just NE2, new contract or full retail. I would have to wait until 4/29 to get the annual pricing through them or the store. Not sure of the accuracy of that but that's what I was told...

and by adding a new line ;)

I was already planning to get another line added to give to my parents
and the rep suggested doing this since my NE2 isn't up until July.
I had already heard from a friend how to do this too, but hearing it from a rep that does it himself and then being re-assured that Verizon doesn't frown against it either is also nice.

1. Add a line, get the incredible with new member discount etc
2. Once activated, swap phones to your other number(vice versa)
3. Cancel or keep your new line using your current phone (if i didn't explain good enough or if anyone still doesn't understand, please post)

4. you can cancel your new line as long as its canceled within 30 days but since i wasn't planning on canceling my new line, i didn't find out from the rep if it were canceled if the Incredible would also have to go back, so thats kinda a grey area for those of you that would use this method and just cancel instead of keep your new line that was added, sorry i couldn't tell you that one

They may not wait until the last minute to ship them out, however they can dictate a delivery date for a package. Apple did it recently via UPS for the iPad. Shipments started on Monday/Tuesday but could not be delivered until Saturday.

Second, Verizon would NEVER send anything via USPS. The USPS lacks the quality control that UPS and FedEx have. Hell I don't even send packages via USPS anymore. They have a contract rate worked out with FedEx (like many major companies do) and they will ship them 2 Day/Overnight to make the 29th release date.

Can't wait for this phone!

I'm just gonna jump to the defense of the usps here for a moment - I buy and sell a lot of used photography equipment online (you know, small dense packages worth $500-$1000+), and I'd say us photographers use USPS Priority about 80% of the time and the other shippers fill in the rest. Generally I expect FedEx and UPS shipped packages to arrive smashed up and abused, while the postal service has never damaged a package I've received. Likewise my wife collects ceramic stuff (boring I know (I hope she never reads this ;))) and that community as well pretty much universally uses the USPS for shipping.

I think Verizon does use FedEx, but I just wanted to give some props to USPS - great service.

For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with VZW and was told the phone would be available for preorder on their site on Monday. The rep told me if I preorder it, I would get it on the release date.

this may sound stupid.....But what is the difference between walking into the store on the 29th and purchasing the phone and having it shipped to you on the 29th?

this may sound stupid.....But what is the difference between walking into the store on the 29th and purchasing the phone and having it shipped to you on the 29th?

Not a stupid question at all - welcome to the forums.

Typically when buying a phone online you get the 100 rebate instantly vs waiting 6-8wks. If you live near a Best Buy Mobile you can preorder it and pick up in the store while getting the instant rebate. Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of BBM and you can't preorder at a regular BB.

Also in the off chance that there is a huge demand for this phone it guarantees you a phone on launch day.

another stupid question here, but when the phone is shipped to you on launch day how do you actually activate it since thats what they usually do for you in the stores

The phone will come with activation instructions. They don't just leave you to figure it out on your own :) It's actually pretty easy to do, or at least it has been with the regular phones I've gotten in the past.

So two things have been cleared up thus far:

1. New customers and new contracts can get rebate.

2. If ordered before 4/29/2010 the phone should theoretically arive on 4/29.

Question- I might go on my mother in laws family plan. Can I preorder the phone and then switch to the family plan at a later time?

In other words I don't know if I want to go on family plan or be on my own plan- but I still want pre order the incredible.

Do we have confirmation if you pre-order phone through Verizon website you don't need to pay it right away and will go to your next verizon monthly bill or do you need to pay it right away?

I have already ordered my Inc and I have not been charged for it as my family are already using Verizon and it is a new line. I will pay the next bill.

I have already ordered my Inc and I have not been charged for it as my family are already using Verizon and it is a new line. I will pay the next bill.

How have you already ordered your inc if the preorder isnt until monday?

So two things have been cleared up thus far:

1. New customers and new contracts can get rebate.

2. If ordered before 4/29/2010 the phone should theoretically arive on 4/29.

Question- I might go on my mother in laws family plan. Can I preorder the phone and then switch to the family plan at a later time?

In other words I don't know if I want to go on family plan or be on my own plan- but I still want pre order the incredible.
If you pre order and BUY IT on your contract and then move to your mother in laws family plan, (Assignment of Liability Agreement) not only will that be ok but your two year contract will turn into a 1 year contract. Why Verizon does this is news to me but we do that with our five lines once a year (from me to my wife and then from my wife to me). Shhh, don't tell anyone. ;)

Back
Top Bottom